Nebraska is like Missouri. Flat and Farms.

Well, Nebraska is rather flat and full of farms.  We can't change who we are.  When we can claim that the third largest city in Nebraska is Memorial Stadium during a Cornhusker football game, it also kind of tells us about our population base.  Just saying...

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Well, Nebraska is rather flat and full of farms.  We can't change who we are.  When we can claim that the third largest city in Nebraska is Memorial Stadium during a Cornhusker football game, it also kind of tells us about our population base.  Just saying...

Agree... I don't know why people are so offended by this. I don't know if the Cuse kid meant it as an insult... he may have simply stated what he thought about when he heard they were going to Nebraska. And for those that took it as an insult... if you're insecure about living in a state with a low population, why don't you leave?

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Actually, most of Nebraska is far from flat.  Aside from river valleys (especially the Platte), the primary flat area is just west of Lancaster County.  Rural Nebraska is, in reality, a vast and beautiful area with lots of variety and great people.

And most city folk don’t distinguish between a farm and a ranch.

Remember when Lincoln hosted one of the regionals for the 1988 NCAA Tournament at the Bob?  The Xavier coach was not happy about being placed in the Lincoln regional where he said, "they don't have anything but corn fields and 7-11's."  

I went to that game, where they played Danny Manning's Kansas Jayhawks.  I remember the second the Xavier team set foot on the floor the Devaney Center erupted with a thunderous "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Xavier practiced that year in the Pius gym.

Yes, that's right!  Being a student there at the time, I got to watch them practice because there was a blood drive going on at that day and I was on the stage adjoining the basketball court giving blood.   I mean, whatever gets you out of class, right?

Edited by hal9000

4 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Remember when Lincoln hosted one of the regionals for the 1988 NCAA Tournament at the Bob?  The Xavier coach was not happy about being placed in the Lincoln regional where he said, "they don't have anything but corn fields and 7-11's."  

I went to that game, where they played Danny Manning's Kansas Jayhawks.  I remember the second the Xavier team set foot on the floor the Devaney Center erupted with a thunderous "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

On queue:

http://www.omaha.com/sports/ncaa-tournament/chatelain-before-title-danny-manning-and-the-miracles-were-nearly/article_1bbfebd2-ceea-58a0-b3a5-02cb97ce4eca.html

"Nebraskans backed KU that week partly because of Big Eight loyalty, partly because 11th-seeded Xavier thumbed its nose at the locals on Selection Sunday. “Where is Lincoln, Nebraska?” Musketeers guard Michael Davenport told reporters. “Is there anybody in Lincoln, Nebraska? Maybe they’re shipping people in.” A Cincinnati columnist doubled down, calling Lincoln “Siberia with 7-Elevens.” (Do your research: It’s Casey’s General Store.) No wonder Nebraskans booed Xavier from start to finish, even waving KU pompoms. The Jayhawks routed the Musketeers, 85-72."

On 3/19/2018 at 7:32 PM, HuskerFever said:

An excited utterance from a college kid should not be a reason to get your panties in a bunch.

There a lots of legit reasons to not like Syracuse starting with their head coach JoePa Jim Boeheim.