Transfers

Bugeaters1

6 hours ago, Red Don said:

:ph34r: I will be surprised if any transfers we might see are not all  'incoming'  (wanting to play for Coach Amy Williams!   ;))  The Team I see is having too much fun playing, and competing!)

I won't speculate either but transfers are:

1.  Generally underclass players.

2.  A freshman playing a long way from home.  Homesickness is a powerful

incentive.

3.  Players who feel that they were not receiving enough playing time or were

not being used correctly.

We will see what transpires.

The numbers:

We lose 3 to graduation, and pick up 4 new rookies. Makes us  +1  on next years roster.

That leaves us at 13 roster wise...we can carry 15, ....so.....we have room for 2 more players. 

The big if: Does Coach want more players? ...no matter where they come from?   I would say "probably" yes, but it might be based on a position basis...

......Need another 5  ?

We lose three guards, so an experienced scoring guard ?. Suppose there's another Janay out there?  Pretty sure Coach would take a talented transfer, no matter the position. 

The roster needs shoring up with scorers...so where will we end up?

Edited by redsteve

And speaking of transfers....and don't want to start something....

Watched Notre Dame last night. Shepard had 25. She looks like a different player.  Has lost maybe 30 lbs.  She runs up and down the court, is in much better shape than when here. 

Defends aggressively all over the court. Looks like her lost weight, and better conditioning has made her much more mobile. ( like she used to play in H.S.) 

She's showing the "player" now, I expected her to be from watching her in H.S. She pretty much was the one of key factors for winning the game. Dominate in the paint.

There was some discussion by the announcers about her transferring from NU, and mentioned "becoming eligible".  Didn't get into how you transfer and not sit a year. Rather talked about all the ND injuries. 

Sure, it's disappointing for us she left....but it's what she wanted...so more power to her I suppose.  It's working out for her. The circumstances she left was disappointing too, but that's been hashed over here and the discussion is worn out.  We have both moved on. It's over.  

I see UConn score about 140 in their win.....:o      Mich and Minn lost yesterday

Edited by redsteve

We wouldn't have won anywhere near 21 gms if she stayed. Best thing that could have possibly happened for NU and her was what occurred.  She had to look in the mirror and make some life changes, and NU got to flush the toxicity and create a really good work ethic and base for culture going forward.  

I really think we could use another big to go with Kate and Rachel. I still don't see how Washington plays before Rachel. I really like her personality and attitude but on the court she will get an offensive rebound here and there but otherwise she don't help on defense or offense. Also another shooter like Janay would help that could play immediately.

Agree.  Dream scenario, to me, a graduate transfer with post skills.  It would be a one year roster assist, allowing Amy to manage her roster effectively long range. The 4 kids coming in might be enough for a single class.  Next year, Maddie and Darrien will be seniors. And, we don't know how much longer Rachel will be able to play through the pain. As it stands, we should have room for another 4 member recruiting class next year. 

I also agree, it would be hard to turn down a transfer with exceptional ball handling and shooting skills, regardless of class.   Probably few and far between, for both scenarios, but one can dream.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Watched Notre Dame last night. Shepard had 25. She looks like a different player.  Has lost maybe 30 lbs.  She runs up and down the court, is in much better shape than when here. 

Defends aggressively all over the court. Looks like her lost weight, and better conditioning has made her much more mobile. ( like she used to play in H.S.) 

She's showing the "player" now, I expected her to be from watching her in H.S. She pretty much was the one of key factors for winning the game. Dominate in the paint.

There was some discussion by the announcers about her transferring from NU, and mentioned "becoming eligible".  Didn't get into how you transfer and not sit a year. Rather talked about all the ND injuries. 

Sure, it's disappointing for us she left....but it's what she wanted...so more power to her I suppose.  It's working out for her. The circumstances she left was disappointing too, but that's been hashed over here and the discussion is worn out.  We have both moved on. It's over.  

I see UConn score about 140 in their win.....:o      Mich and Minn lost yesterday

She is surrounded by great players which reduces pressure on her.   Happy that she is successful.

41 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Agree.  Dream scenario, to me, a graduate transfer with post skills.  It would be a one year roster assist, allowing Amy to manage her roster effectively long range. The 4 kids coming in might be enough for a single class.  Next year, Maddie and Darrien will be seniors. And, we don't know how much longer Rachel will be able to play through the pain. As it stands, we should have room for another 4 member recruiting class next year. 

I also agree, it would be hard to turn down a transfer with exceptional ball handling and shooting skills, regardless of class.   Probably few and far between, for both scenarios, but one can dream.

A glass eating 4 would be a nice addition.  This team has to find a way to rebound the ball at both ends.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Also read that she has only shot like 21 3's this year, compaire to something like 83 last year?  Did I read or hear that right?  If so it also showed she played more her "natural" postion at ND.

50 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Also read that she has only shot like 21 3's this year, compaire to something like 83 last year?  Did I read or hear that right?  If so it also showed she played more her "natural" postion at ND.

Does she (or can she) leave for the WNBA already?  I wondered about that after her performance last night.

The numbers:

We lose 3 to graduation, and pick up 4 new rookies. Makes us  +1  on next years roster.

That leaves us at 13 roster wise...we can carry 15, ....so.....we have room for 2 more players. 

The big if: Does Coach want more players? ...no matter where they come from?   I would say "probably" yes, but it might be based on a position basis...
......Need another 5  ?

We lose three guards, so an experienced scoring guard ?. Suppose there's another Janay out there?  Pretty sure Coach would take a talented transfer, no matter the position. 

The roster needs shoring up with scorers...so where will we end up?
In my eyes we need another 5. 4 is better than 3, and you just don't know if or when one might go down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, kansashusker said:

We wouldn't have won anywhere near 21 gms if she stayed. Best thing that could have possibly happened for NU and her was what occurred.  She had to look in the mirror and make some life changes, and NU got to flush the toxicity and create a really good work ethic and base for culture going forward.  

To pick up on @Fastbreaker's post; Maybe sometimes it's just good for a player to get away from 'Home.'

1 hour ago, 12dozen said:

If Wikipedia can be believed, players are draft eligible if: they are at least 22 years old, or have graduated from a 4 year college, or are 4 years removed from high school.    

So about the only way is if she is getting her degree in 3 years instead of 4.  I don’t think she is 22 this year but I could be wrong.  

On 3/19/2018 at 2:59 PM, huskerchode said:

So about the only way is if she is getting her degree in 3 years instead of 4.  I don’t think she is 22 this year but I could be wrong.  

pretty sure AZB is 24 and will be 25 this September. also sure i heard some announcers mention in late season minny games that her age would allow her to turn pro early.

Edited by whoopdeedoo