Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

Here is an article on Copeland's draft status... I don't like this comment

"Copeland also may be a mediocre rebounder at best, and he has played on slow paced teams that may make it tough for him to adjust to NBA tempo right away."

That is a jab at the program IMO.  I truly hope he comes back with Palmer and we go on a run!

Copeland Draft Article

I'm not sure how to classify the linked article as either negative or positive.  So, here is what it says:

Isaac Copeland

Height: 6-9

Weight: 210
College: Nebraska
Classification: Junior
Birthdate: 6/13/1995

Projected Draft Range: Likely Undrafted

Pros:

Excels at scoring on the move

Decent scorer off the dribble

Very good free throw shooter

Adequate playmaker

Moves well off the ball on offense

Decent rebounder when focused

Adequate defensive player

Gifted athlete

Great size to play multiple positions

Cons:

Needs to improve his shooting

Not an elite ball handler

Can be too passive on offense

Needs to improve his rebounding

Does not collect many steals or blocks

Must get stronger

May struggle to adjust to NBA tempo

Summary:
Isaac Copeland is a very athletic combination forward that is projected to be a potential second round prospect for the upcoming draft.  Copeland excels at moving off the ball, as he can score on plenty of hustle plays.  He also has great physical tools to defend multiple positions, though he does not collect many steals or blocks in games.

On the other hand, Copeland will need to improve his jump shot, as his three-point shot has fallen off in recent years.  Copeland also may be a mediocre rebounder at best, and he has played on slow paced teams that may make it tough for him to adjust to NBA tempo right away.

Currently, Copeland may be a borderline second round candidate.  If he improves upon his weaknesses, he could end up being a solid role player in the association.

Edited by Swan88

8 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Better question do we think he gets drafted next year if he comes back? I do think his game will improve quite a bit 

I think you can argue he's more athletic than Andrew White and a few inches taller.  He seemed to get better as the year went on, possibly as he recovered from his back injury.

He ended up shooting 42.9% from 3 during conference play but only 36.9% overall. Can he shoot 40+% for the year and continue to be an average to above average defender? That's a skill set that seems in demand.

The conventional thinking is his draft stock isn't gonna change much over the next year, which doesn't mean it won't. Fron what I'm hearing, it's more a matter of how much does he want to be a part of what could be a really good team next year and try and make a run next March. Those opportunities mean more to some guys than others and he might be one of them. I have no idea what way he'll go, but I can completely see the case for both sides and can't imagine it's a simple decision.

2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Are they going to make us wait until the last day or what.... They have to have all their information by now Id think.

Both were working out with a couple teams.  Although we may hear smething sooner, set your radar for June 1st.  

On 3/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

From Brett Edwards, who's apparently a sportscaster in Lincoln?

"I've been hearing not so great things about the Nebraska MBB team. Look for some things to shake out here soon. That's all I can say for now"

Apparently it wasn't all he could say for now, as he followed it with this tweet:

"It's mostly regarding possible roster attrition"

#ColdTakes

More ominous news from BT Powerhouse:

James Palmer Jr. and Isaac Copeland to Return to Nebraska

With just a couple days left before the NBA Draft decision deadline, Nebraska received some very good news

usa_today_10674042.0.jpg

Now that Copeland has also returned, Nebraska can continue their tall, yet athletic lineup for this upcoming season, one that many expect will be an NCAA tournament caliber season.

Glynn Watson Jr. will continue to play point, Palmer either coming in at shooting guard or small forward, and then Copeland and Isaiah Roby at the other two forward positions. Copeland’s presence allows Tim Miles to do whatever he wants with his starting lineup, whether he puts another guard in the lineup to stick with the long and athletic lineup, or put in another center to tower over teams with their height.

Without Palmer and Copeland, this team would most likely struggle a decent bit, as in not making the NCAA tournament once again. But now, this team has the possibility of receiving a preseason top 25 rank, with the talent of a Sweet 16 tournament team.

https://www.btpowerhouse.com/2018/5/29/17403830/james-palmer-jr-and-isaac-copeland-to-return-to-nebraska-big-ten-nba-draft-2018

25 minutes ago, 49r said:

But now, this team has the possibility of receiving a preseason top 25 rank, with the talent of a Sweet 16 tournament team.

Please no. We don't need a Rhode Island road game situation again. Preseason rankings are just hype. I'll take winning over hype any day.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

Please no. We don't need a Rhode Island road game situation again. Preseason rankings are just hype. I'll take winning over hype any day.

That's just silly superstition.  Give me a preseason ranking every day and twice on Sunday please!