Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

3 hours ago, Samborini said:

Not sure what it means but it doesn't seem good. 

If he was posting from his upcoming visits in Milwaukee or Boston would that be better news?

Unless he posts a video of him returning keys to the landlord it's premature to start fretting about social media videos.

53 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Interesting at the end of the presser, when asked about any roster news, Miles kind of smiled and said "not yet."  Sounds like there will be some.  Also indicated that is more likely than not on Palmer and Copeland being back.  

Im thinking a commitment from the PG that visited last week

Isaac Copeland, Aleks Maric, Kimani Ffriend, Venson Hamilton, Derrick Chandler, Carl Hayes, Tony Farmer, Rich King, Dave Hoppen, Chuck Jura, Bus Whitehead.

Those are the only 11 players at Nebraska, listed at 6'9" or taller, that have averaged more than 12 points a game for a season.  Other than when Danny Nee was here, we see about one a decade.   There is a lot riding on Copeland's decision, as obviously he would not be easy to replace.

What's the significance of "only 11 players . . . listed at 6'9" or taller" averaging more than 12 points per game?  The suggestion seems ominous.

From 2001 through 2012, several seasons had no one averaging 12 points per game, and numerous seasons had only one: two per season was a rarity. 

We started getting two per season consistently in the Tim Miles years: with Terran Petteway and Shavon Shields, and then with Shavon and Andrew White (both Shavon and Andrew were 6/7"--that's pretty close), then with Tai and Glynn, and last season with Palmer and Copeland.

And then there is Walter Pitchford who, at 6'10," averaged 10.0 points per conference game in 2013-14.

And Isaiah Roby wouldn't even count, if he gets there, because he's 6'8" while playing the Center position occasionally (sort of like Andrew Drevo from 2002-03, who averaged 12+ from the forward position at 6'8").

Edited by Swan88

6 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Tim Miles said James Palmer Jr. has worked out with the Celtics, OKC, Clippers and will hold some other workouts soon. Isaac Copeland has worked out with the Celtics and Bucks as well as getting interest from the Cavs and Rockets.

This is incorrect. Copeland hasn't done those workouts yet. They're coming next week. Also, Palmer's workout with LAC is on Tuesday. 

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

If he was posting from his upcoming visits in Milwaukee or Boston would that be better news?

Unless he posts a video of him returning keys to the landlord it's premature to start fretting about social media videos.

I completely understand; however, we are Nebraska Basketball fans.  Nothing is a surprise. We live on a hope and prayer for the best, but many times it breaks our hearts.  I cant help but jump to conclusions. I like to set myself up for disappointment rather than get my heart broken.  What can I say? Im a romantic. 

1 hour ago, Jacob Padilla said:

This is incorrect. Copeland hasn't done those workouts yet. They're coming next week. Also, Palmer's workout with LAC is on Tuesday. 

What's your take?  Are both of these guys coming back?  And to kill three birds with one mis-crossed post, any insight on Teddy or Wingett ending up in Lincoln?

54 minutes ago, wordyginters said:

What's your take?  Are both of these guys coming back?  And to kill three birds with one mis-crossed post, any insight on Teddy or Wingett ending up in Lincoln?

When this whole process started, I felt like Copeland was probably gone and Palmer was probably back just based on the situations for both of them and what I had heard. When Kenya left, I thought that might be it for both of them (again, based partly on my read and partly on what I heard). Now it sounds like both guys are probably going to be back. 

12 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

When this whole process started, I felt like Copeland was probably gone and Palmer was probably back just based on the situations for both of them and what I had heard. When Kenya left, I thought that might be it for both of them (again, based partly on my read and partly on what I heard). Now it sounds like both guys are probably going to be back. 

I hope you are right.  It's been a looooong time since we've had talent like those two.  Sounds like you've got some connects or insight?  What's the scoop?  If you've got any additional insights, I'd love to hear them.    

25 minutes ago, wordyginters said:

I hope you are right.  It's been a looooong time since we've had talent like those two.  Sounds like you've got some connects or insight?  What's the scoop?  If you've got any additional insights, I'd love to hear them.    

Don't really have a whole lot else to share beyond what I have already. 

As for Teddy, if Miles wanted to talk to him I believe he'd listen. As for Wingett, I think it'll probably be Memphis. Like I posted on the Wingett recruiting thread, he's planning to sign sometime next week.

I am likely in the minority,  but based strictly on his high school resume, I did not believe Wingett was a high level division one basketball talent.  Granted a year or two of added maturity and skill refinement could change my mind, but I think there are still a number of if's and but's to jump on him...Teddy on the other hand, is a different story.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, TimSmiles said:

palmer should for sure be back.

copeland will be back if he thinks he can take his game to another level and get looks from the nba

and part of me thinks jordy is waiting to see what copeland will do before making a decision. jordy clearly seemed upset about his role and not sure if he'll want to stay if copeland and roby are the starting frontcourt again.

i'm not sure why anyone else would leave. should be a lot of new playing time opening up with taylor, gill, and mcveigh leaving.

Jordy was a different player after returning from his brief leave of absence.

Before (18 games):

FG%  .381 (24/63)

FT%  .536 (15/28)

MPG: 15.2

Blocks: 0.4

Assists: 0.7

Rebounds: 5.2

After (13 games):

FG%  .529 (27/51)

FT%  .636 (07/11)

MPG: 11.5

Blocks: 0.5

Assists: 0.2

Rebounds: 4.0

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Hmm. "Should come back" or "Likely to come back"? Those are two different things.

"Should come back" as in he thinks they won't get drafted.  Here's the article from ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/23532529/nba-draft-biggest-remaining-decisions-early-entry-players