Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

3 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Gonna be such a blow if cope n palmer come back but roby leaves. In all likelihood roby will receive a higher grade than both palmer and Copeland and may get late first round consideration 

Roby to me seems like one of the more well grounded players we have had in recent memory.  I put it at zero chance he is realistically thinking about going pro. 

He's doing a smart thing and getting the pros to tell him what they think he needs to work on.

From what I've seen of Isaiah, I have no doubt he'll eagerly take it all to heart and work his buns off to improve in those areas and prove it on the floor next year.

Hopefully Palmer and Cope do the same (and do it here.)

8 hours ago, colhusker said:

We should win the Big 10 in baseball almost EVERY year.  He fails to recruit (land) local talent which is now playing well else where.  I understand that there are going to be bad years and there are going to be really good years.  His body of work shows he is in over his head.

Finished top 2 in conference 4 of 6 years.  Caught a bad break with those Indiana teams being CWS good.  Definitely needs to start winning more in postseason.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

He's doing a smart thing and getting the pros to tell him what they think he needs to work on.

From what I've seen of Isaiah, I have no doubt he'll eagerly take it all to heart and work his buns off to improve in those areas and prove it on the floor next year.

Hopefully Palmer and Cope do the same (and do it here.)

He is just doing this to get feedback from the nba personnel.    He will back for sure.  

Does not apply to us... but I figured this would make some of you happy to hear:

Ronnie Harrell is transferring to Denver for his last year of eligibility. He was kinda like what Evan Taylor was for us. Big loss since they are possibly losing their top 3 scorers if Tazz decides to go pro. Thought it might put a smile on some of your faces.

7 minutes ago, khoock said:

Does not apply to us... but I figured this would make some of you happy to hear:

Ronnie Harrell is transferring to Denver for his last year of eligibility. He was kinda like what Evan Taylor was for us. Big loss since they are possibly losing their top 3 scorers if Tazz decides to go pro. Thought it might put a smile on some of your faces.

Was surprised to see it.

But they are recruiting well so they'll find someone

53 minutes ago, khoock said:

Funny, but for all the times they talk about somebody who "fits their system," I never thought Harrell did. Really liked his jack of all trades approach, but he seemed like a shoot-last power forward on a team that's supposed to jack up 3s. So if he's at Denver, he'll play against UNO, huh?

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Does not apply to us... but I figured this would make ALL of you happy to hear:

Fixed it for you :D.

16 hours ago, ZAYWHAT! said:

My pic didn’t load the other day.    So here is the tweet. 

I stink at copying and pasting.   I only tried to paste that first one about Roby.  It had a lot of good things to say.    I don’t think he’s declaring for the draft.   He will be back as a Husker next year. 

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Is it safe to say (as safe as you can feel being a Nebrasketball fan) that our roster will hold serve? Aside from our three guys testing NBA waters

I still think we see a defection but otherwise I believe we'll see the majority of a very good roster coming back.

9 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I still think we see a defection but otherwise I believe we'll see the majority of a very good roster coming back.

Dont necessarily need specific names but do you think it will come from one of the three that have declared or from someone else on the roster?

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

Dont necessarily need specific names but do you think it will come from one of the three that have declared or from someone else on the roster?

Someone else. Some freshman almost always leaves because of lack of playing time.  Maybe that's not the case if Cope and Palmer end up going pro. 

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Now that things are starting to settle, we can only hope Xavier has some time to reflect, see that we still have many of the same things to offer when he did commit, and he decides to stick it out with us.

Already was granted his release so he is officially gone and not coming to NU.