Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

1 hour ago, Shower Cap Husker said:

Otz was an assistant at ISU under McDermott so the speculation is, if Daum does leave SDSU then Otz would push him towards Creighton.

On top of the fact that all they need to do is show Doug highlights and say "this is the exact role we want you to play next year". Not a very hard sell.

I don’t think it’s in Daum’s best interest to go to Creighton next year. Most years, sure. He would be the man there next year though, the sole focus of every opposing coach’s defensive game plan....only schemed with a much higher caliber of athlete than in the Summit. His defense has to improve as well, not sure McDermott is the guy to make anyone better on defense. Finally, is he in the proper shape to run up and down the court non-stop? He looks lumbering at times.

On 3/21/2018 at 4:30 PM, AuroranHusker said:

Some folk seem to only recall that 8 guys have left NU in the past 3 off-seasons. Four years ago is, evidently, "ancient history."

Same group that at a cocktail party say,"Nebraska has a basketball team?' hahahahahahaha

And I dream about punching them so hard my hand meets the back of their head from the front.  But for my wife's sake, and job sometimes, I smile and say " Yes, and they are having a good year."  and then i add you boring piece of... in my head.:)

On 3/15/2018 at 6:09 PM, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

From Brett Edwards, who's apparently a sportscaster in Lincoln?

"I've been hearing not so great things about the Nebraska MBB team. Look for some things to shake out here soon. That's all I can say for now"

Apparently it wasn't all he could say for now, as he followed it with this tweet:

"It's mostly regarding possible roster attrition"

It would seem that "soon" is a relative statement

11 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

It would seem that "soon" is a relative statement

Well the Earth is 4.5 Billion years old.  From that perspective, the time of the dinosaurs roaming the planet (from 231 to 65 million years ago) is a veritable blink of an eye.  "Soon" might not happen for another few million years really...

1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

Kind of. This article has some details on that and some speculation on what happens.

http://kwsn.com/news/articles/2018/mar/21/zimmer-daum-likely-to-return-to-sdsu-but-dont-rule-out-nba/

For those of you who dont have the time to read it the writer says:

- 70 percent chance he comes back to SDSU

- 20 percent chance he goes pro

- 5 percent chance he grad transfers, specifically mentioning Nebraska and Creighton

Same group that at a cocktail party say,"Nebraska has a basketball team?' hahahahahahaha

And I dream about punching them so hard my hand meets the back of their head from the front.  But for my wife's sake, and job sometimes, I smile and say " Yes, and they are having a good year."  and then i add you boring piece of... in my head.

I use to work with two former Creighton players. My boss was one. He is a great guy but made me hate Creighton.

I got in to a verbal fight with my non boss after the tourney game a few years back when the guy started running his mouth about Miles.

I grew up in MN went to school in Lincoln and from day one people from Omaha sort of rubbed me the wrong way... this sense of I am better than you and it only gets worse when they went to Creighton.

Once I moved to Omaha for a few years it got better and I loved a lot of the people but some just come off pompous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

I use to work with two former Creighton players. My boss was one. He is a great guy but made me hate Creighton.

I got in to a verbal fight with my non boss after the tourney game a few years back when the guy started running his mouth about Miles.

I grew up in MN went to school in Lincoln and from day one people from Omaha sort of rubbed me the wrong way... this sense of I am better than you and it only gets worse when they went to Creighton.

Trust me when I say that all you have to do is a make few snide remarks about sweater vests, social hour at the clink, Sasquatch, and Pig Sooie to get them worked up into a lather.

If they are really annoying I just go with me best Thurston Howell III voice and say "I wonder what next years models are going to look like."

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Trust me when I say that all you have to do is a make few snide remarks about sweater vests, social hour at the clink, Sasquatch, and Pig Sooie to get them worked up into a lather.

If they are really annoying I just go with me best Thurston Howell III voice and say "I wonder what next years models are going to look like."

Creighton fans are definitely an over sensitive group of people.

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

Speaking of Kimani, those who are interested will be glad to know he has been released from the Serbian jail and is back in Jamaica. The 40 year old center is trying to keep in shape and hoping to play overseas somewhere this year. He has probably ruled out Serbia though.

Well he can say he's been to the Serbian Front

3 hours ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Yeah for sure. There's still time for it to come to fruition. I'm not going to write him off just yet.

The point is that this dude at best heard some second hand information that may or may not end up happening....something you could have read by people here hearing the same conjectures 

I personally thought that Coach Miles would be extended and that our team would come back with few exceptions.  That exception was Jack and possibly James (depending on his NBA dance).  But until the status of Coach Miles plays itself out, we will get no further incoming movement, and outgoing movement depends upon the outcome of the contract talks. 

Hey, if the decision is that Moos believes he can make a move that results in a difference maker coach coming in, then so be it.  I simply struggle seeing how it will happen. 

13 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I personally thought that Coach Miles would be extended and that our team would come back with few exceptions.  That exception was Jack and possibly James (depending on his NBA dance).  But until the status of Coach Miles plays itself out, we will get no further incoming movement, and outgoing movement depends upon the outcome of the contract talks. 

Hey, if the decision is that Moos believes he can make a move that results in a difference maker coach coming in, then so be it.  I simply struggle seeing how it will happen. 

I don't buy the argument that transfers are more likely to happen if Miles is gone.  People said the same thing last year, and my response was basically "assume that we will have significant attrition under Miles, until he proves otherwise."  He still hasn't proven otherwise.  And yeah, I get that transfers are super common.  What is particularly vexing about being a Husker fan is that we lose our best players at an alarming rate, not just underclassmen looking for more playing time.

That being said, this is likely a moot point.  Moos isn't going to fire Miles because he's got too much of the budget tied up on paying Pelini, Riley, and Frost.  I imagine Miles will get a small contract extension for appearance/recruiting purposes, and this will be a tabled discussion until next year plays out.

46 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

I don't buy the argument that transfers are more likely to happen if Miles is gone.  People said the same thing last year, and my response was basically "assume that we will have significant attrition under Miles, until he proves otherwise."  He still hasn't proven otherwise.  And yeah, I get that transfers are super common.  What is particularly vexing about being a Husker fan is that we lose our best players at an alarming rate, not just underclassmen looking for more playing time.

That being said, this is likely a moot point.  Moos isn't going to fire Miles because he's got too much of the budget tied up on paying Pelini, Riley, and Frost.  I imagine Miles will get a small contract extension for appearance/recruiting purposes, and this will be a tabled discussion until next year plays out.

Everyone has a right to an opinion...mine just happens to differ from yours.  But I still think it is a moot point as I also believe Miles will be back.

Edited by Huskerpapa

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

But I still think it is a moot point as I also believe Miles will be back.

All signs point to the above, with an extension/contract TM is not too fond of.  Hoping to hear something, publicly, by Monday evening.  If not, something popped up from about an hour ago. 

Edited by Shower Cap Husker