Ominous Tweet Re: Roster Attrition

Posted this elsewhere.  This is probably a good place to post it here!

So Long, Jack! :Wave: Thank you for all you have contributed to the Huskers during your time in Lincoln. We have enjoyed watching you and your High-Spirited Nature, whether it is on the floor or encouraging your team-mates on. Your efforts have lifted all our spirits!

Nothing but Best Wishes for your Future Success. :Salute:

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

This isn't the end all but Lewis is not mentioned here https://hoopdirt.com/evansville-search-update/

It certainly won't hurt my feelings if Coach Lewis comes back.  At the same time, if any of our assistants can get head coaching gigs, then I am all for them moving up.

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

FWIW I'm hearing that we're going to have guy testing the NBA waters but if that's not likely to happen that we will see them come back for the sequel

KXV3.gif

Thor testing the NBA waters, bold move, didn’t have much of a freshman campaign.

Edited by The Polish Rifle

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

FWIW I'm hearing that we're going to have guy testing the NBA waters but if that's not likely to happen that we will see them come back for the sequel

Let's just hope "testing the NBA waters" doesn't mean:

"Tell your coach you'll be back next year, wait until July/August to tell your coach you're leaving the team and transferring to another university to improve on none of your weaknesses but play 39 minutes a game, don't make the NCAA tournament on that team even though that's what you left for, and then go to the G-League and try to move up to the NBA ranks and become more than a bench warmer, only to be sent back down to the G-League in only a couple of months."

43 minutes ago, 49r said:

That would be the best timeline:

That's my second-favorite episode of Community!  #1 is the Halloween special where everyone turns into zombies after eating meat from the Army Surplus Store.

3 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

KXV3.gif

I would be sort of disappointed if Isaac and James did not test the NBA waters.  It will be a good opportunity to have NBA types critique their games.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Let's just hope "testing the NBA waters" doesn't mean:

"Tell your coach you'll be back next year, wait until July/August to tell your coach you're leaving the team and transferring to another university to improve on none of your weaknesses but play 39 minutes a game, don't make the NCAA tournament on that team even though that's what you left for, and then go to the G-League and try to move up to the NBA ranks and become more than a bench warmer, only to be sent back down to the G-League in only a couple of months."

Sounds oddly familiar ...

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I would be sort of disappointed if Isaac and James did not test the NBA waters.  It will be a good opportunity to have NBA types critique their games.

Plus, on the off chance that they did get drafted that's a MAJOR feather in the program's cap, one that gets a coach through a lot more higher tier recruits doors.

Win-win, IMO.

So help me understand.   How can you test the nba waters?    I believe  college guys can work out for nba personnel in May without penalty.    How does it work.   Can they enter the draft and see if they get drafted and then come back if they don’t get drafted or if they are drafted low?  

So help me understand.   How can you test the nba waters?    I believe  college guys can work out for nba personnel in May without penalty.    How does it work.   Can they enter the draft and see if they get drafted and then come back if they don’t get drafted or if they are drafted low?  

No they can’t enter the draft and come back. They can work out with teams and get feed back on what they need to improve on. You can’t hire an agent either and come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a breakdown of the NCAA rule regarding testing the NBA waters per Yahoo Sports:

The NCAA will allow college basketball players to enter and withdraw their names from the NBA draft an unlimited amount of times over the course of their four-year careers. It’s important to note that the NBA has its own rule, which it may elect to change in the next Collective Bargaining Agreement with the players association. It states that non-automatically eligible draft prospects, which doesn’t include 1994-born international players or NCAA seniors, can only withdraw from the draft twice and become automatically eligible in the next draft following their second time withdrawing. Both rules combined mean players can be in the draft up to three times, following their freshman, sophomore, and junior seasons, or as a sophomore, junior and senior.

NCAA underclassmen are permitted to attend the NBA Combine and participate in one private workout at each of the 30 NBA team facilities.

NCAA underclassmen who are invited to the NBA Combine are allowed to work 12 hours per week with their college coaching staff at their home facility to help prepare.

NCAA underclassmen have until May 25 (10 days after the NBA Combine) to withdraw their names from the NBA draft and keep their college eligibility. International players will continue to follow the NBA deadline, which is 10 days before the NBA draft.