Jump to content
The Polish Rifle

What to do with Miles contract?

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, MilesDavis said:

 

Well you certainly don't have too much pride to come back here spreading more totally uneducated guesses as insider info, that's for sure. Until anyone ever puts the name or title of a source out there, nothing is to be believed. I can't believe you came on here a week ago telling us all we were in the tournament, were way wrong, and now you're back telling us Altman is possibly in the works. Anyone can predict we will lose 3 players. We do most offseasons. We have a handful on the rumor mill right now. 

 

Tim Miles to New Mexico. Nebraska's in the tournament. Dana Altman may be something cooking. Got it. 

Somebody piss in your cheerios? Just telling what I heard, already told you the guy isn't always right but he's close to the program.  You don't like my post put me on ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, reddan said:

Somebody piss in your cheerios? Just telling what I heard, already told you the guy isn't always right but he's close to the program.  You don't like my post put me on ignore.

 

Well, you might be a little cautious in going to the well again, given how your "source" has been so blatantly wrong in the past.  Close to the program or not, he isn't reliable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, reddan said:

Somebody piss in your cheerios? Just telling what I heard, already told you the guy isn't always right but he's close to the program.  You don't like my post put me on ignore.

 

Don't understand why you feel the need to spread all kinds of rumors when they are wrong over and over. Within the span of a week you told the board we were headed to Dayton and that Altman could possibly be coming here. If that were me I'd be too embarrassed to keep claiming I know someone close to the program, but that's just me. If you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altman is in year 2 of the 7 year 18 mil contract he signed. He has high end recruiting class coming in. So the thought is that in addition to buying out Riley and still probably paying Pelini we're going to pay out Altman's probably ridiculous buyout amount for a coach that probably wouldn't come here anyway? Sure, does anyone know a good ponzi scheme I can invest in as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MilesDavis said:

 

Don't understand why you feel the need to spread all kinds of rumors when they are wrong over and over. Within the span of a week you told the board we were headed to Dayton and that Altman could possibly be coming here. If that were me I'd be too embarrassed to keep claiming I know someone close to the program, but that's just me. If you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick I guess. 

Well, I assume my splendid source isn't the same source as reddan's, but I have also heard both of these things over the last week. The belief in the athletic department was that we were either going to Dayton or going to the NIT, and I can confirm that, because of logistics and having to plan in advance, I'd assume there was likely a tentative travel plan made, one for Dayton and one for the NIT. They probably had to keep their options open, I'm sure they weren't dead set on one destination or the other. Have also been told that it doesn't look too good for Coach Miles in terms of contract talks. We'll just have to see where it goes. Never be afraid to expect the unexpected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

 The belief in the athletic department was that we were either going to Dayton or going to the NIT, and I can confirm that, because of logistics and having to plan in advance, I'd assume there was likely a tentative travel plan made, one for Dayton and one for the NIT. They probably had to keep their options open, I'm sure they weren't dead set on one destination or the other.

 

I bet they were scrambling like hell Sunday night to get to Starkvegas.  Even the best of war gamers couldn't see an NIT 5 seed in their future....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Well, I assume my splendid source isn't the same source as reddan's, but I have also heard both of these things over the last week. The belief in the athletic department was that we were either going to Dayton or going to the NIT, and I can confirm that, because of logistics and having to plan in advance, I'd assume there was likely a tentative travel plan made, one for Dayton and one for the NIT. They probably had to keep their options open, I'm sure they weren't dead set on one destination or the other. Have also been told that it doesn't look too good for Coach Miles in terms of contract talks. We'll just have to see where it goes. Never be afraid to expect the unexpected.

Rumors started on the RSS, HuskerMax, and 247 aren't sources. You think Moos is going to fire Miles, after tying the record for winning the 2nd most games in program history? I'm fairly certain Moos is smarter than that. I have no sources about contract talks but I feel fairly confident in saying that he will likely get extended to 2023. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the people who think we have a realistic chance at altman are the same people that thought our in-state rival AD would put us in the tournament.
I don't understand the love affair with Altman. What does he bring that other Miles hasn't?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I don't understand the love affair with Altman. What does he bring that other Miles hasn't?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 

 

One guy has been to the NCAA tournament 13 times and has won games in March.  The other has been there 2 times and has not won any games in March.  I seriously doubt we have any chance at Altman unless he is itching to get back close to his family but everybody wants a chance at a proven coach if Miles gets fired or leaves.  Altman certainly fits in to that category.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I hear he is going back to Arkansas. He has been working on the... Sooooie! thing and finally feels he has got it down.

 

The awkwardness of this video was forever ingrained in my psyche.  It's painful just watching this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Rumors started on the RSS, HuskerMax, and 247 aren't sources. You think Moos is going to fire Miles, after tying the record for winning the 2nd most games in program history? I'm fairly certain Moos is smarter than that. I have no sources about contract talks but I feel fairly confident in saying that he will likely get extended to 2023. 

 

Moos could have extended Miles contract at any time.  It has been almost a week and Moos has not come out with a clear statement that Miles will be coaching Nebraska next season.  It has also been reported that Miles' short term contract has likely cost Nebraska at least one recruit the staff believed was already in the fold.  Kids are not dumb.  They see Miles go through a 20 win season and still have no reassurance that the program wants Miles around for the long term.  Go to the recruiting page and see that only two 2019 kids are mentioned on the first page.  Miles lack of an extension is already hurting the 2019 class.  Kids were talking Nebrasketball as sophomores and juniors in 2013-2016.  Now, its crickets.

 

Moos knows what he is doing, and I guarantee you he is not sold on Miles.  The extension would have been signed weeks ago had Moos decided Miles was they guy.  Miles would not be pitching Moos a five year plan sometime this week if Moos was set on Miles.  However, Moos will not let Miles go unless a clearly better coach is locked in.  The potential hire cannot be seen as a marginal improvement.  The closest equivalent to Scott Frost for Nebrasketball would be Tyron Lue and Dana Altman.  I note that Lue is reportedly taking a leave of absence from the Cavs which essentially eliminates him.  Altman, who knows.  Either way, I guarantee you Moos has put out feeler calls just to placate certain people.  Thad Matta, whom I am not sold on (and am not sure would be seen as a splash hire as well).  Also, Thad Matta is available and would have been hired by now had Moos wanted him.  That leaves Altman or someone who coached last weekend.  The longer Moos takes to make an announcement, the less I think Miles will be retained.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×