The Polish Rifle

What to do with Miles contract?

2 hours ago, nebrasketball10 said:

Ha! Could be! My dad started taking me to games in the early 90s - though I’d be lying if I said I remember too much of them. I definitely remember Nee’s final years and worked for Collier and Sadler while I attended the university. LOVED Sadler - that man was a class act. 

When I said “decades,” I was referring to mid-90s. 

Mid-90's hee hee hee;)

Interesting podcast from Sipple and the guys today. Good listen. Someone recommended a 1-year extension for Miles, puts the pressure on, but still gives Miles a slight vote of confidence. Honestly I don't hate it. Gives Miles next year to earn a fat paycheck and a fat extension. 

http://journalstar.com/podcasts/huskers/husker-extra-podcast-defending-bruce-weber-moos-miles-and-the/article_65a47865-0f36-54fc-9c75-f1d5f8101fe0.html

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Interesting podcast from Sipple and the guys today. Good listen. Someone recommended a 1-year extension for Miles, puts the pressure on, but still gives Miles a slight vote of confidence. Honestly I don't hate it. Gives Miles next year to earn a fat paycheck and a fat extension. 

http://journalstar.com/podcasts/huskers/husker-extra-podcast-defending-bruce-weber-moos-miles-and-the/article_65a47865-0f36-54fc-9c75-f1d5f8101fe0.html

Really?  If there was negative recruiting this year, you can multiply that by 1000 next year if Moos gave Miles a one-year extension.  You either fish or cut bait.  I cringe every time I hear someone on the radio call Sipple  "Sip."  I'm afraid they're thinking it's me....  ;)

20 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Really?  If there was negative recruiting this year, you can multiply that by 1000 next year if Moos gave Miles a one-year extension.  You either fish or cut bait.  I cringe every time I hear someone on the radio call Sipple  "Sip."  I'm afraid they're thinking it's me....  ;)

That should give you an idea on how torn I am. Glad I don't have to make this decision.

2 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

That should give you an idea on how torn I am. Glad I don't have to make this decision.

I'm not torn at all.  If Moos has a better coach, in his mind, lined up, Miles is gone.  Good for Nebraska basketball.  If he doesn't, Miles gets at least a two year extension.  Good for Nebraska basketball.  It's not that complicated.

7 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I'm not torn at all.  If Moos has a better coach, in his mind, lined up, Miles is gone.  Good for Nebraska basketball.  If he doesn't, Miles gets at least a two year extension.  Good for Nebraska basketball.  It's not that complicated.

But it is. Because then I have to decide who the coach we can get that is better than Miles. Then I have to make a list of guys I prefer over Miles and guys I don’t. Matta or Miles? 

46 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

But it is. Because then I have to decide who the coach we can get that is better than Miles. Then I have to make a list of guys I prefer over Miles and guys I don’t. Matta or Miles? 

I like your truncated list.  :)

Matta is the only coach I wouldn't bat an eye at hiring.  I wanted him last season.  It's a crime he was let go by OSU.  

But beyond that enormous exception, I'm all TM.  

Who used to coach the Globetrotters?  They always had an incredible record, and boy, were they creative.  Whoever coached that team knew what they were doing.  They were ready for anything, and they used to have the best out-of-bounds plays.  Efficient as hell on both ends of the court.  Great adjustments.  Took care of the ball.  In a sense.  What is Meadowlark Lemon doing these days?  Sign him up.

7 hours ago, wordyginters said:

Who used to coach the Globetrotters?  They always had an incredible record, and boy, were they creative.  Whoever coached that team knew what they were doing.  They were ready for anything, and they used to have the best out-of-bounds plays.  Efficient as hell on both ends of the court.  Great adjustments.  Took care of the ball.  In a sense.  What is Meadowlark Lemon doing these days?  Sign him up.

Edited by hal9000

7 hours ago, tcp said:

Meadowlark flat on his back. Forever. 

I was told that for the right dollar amount, ANYONE is available.  Plus, we've got nice facilities.  #MEADOWLARK #GBR #HEHASRISEN

1 hour ago, wordyginters said:

I was told that for the right dollar amount, ANYONE is available.  Plus, we've got nice facilities.  #MEADOWLARK #GBR #HEHASRISEN

(voiceover) Meadowlark Lemon as you've never seen him before. In, "The Globetrotting Dead". 

(this film is rated R, for ridiculous)