What to do with Miles contract?

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/miles-moos-to-meet-next-week-as-huskers-head-into/article_fe498e17-d5fe-5dee-b924-0536a436825c.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

The Journal Star has a report on the future meeting as well.

He meets with Moos next week and then after that Moos publicly relays what is going to happen. 

Slow play it and see if Hoiberg or Donovan get canned at the end of the NBA season. If they aren’t available and you don’t have the stomach to go after Pitino then extend Miles. 
Hoiberg won't go back to the college ranks. He's on record saying that he hates recruiting.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

In Lee’s article, it mentioned those close to the program have said Moos had very high praise for Miles and relayed that to Ronnie Green.

it also talked about Michael Lewis being a possible candidate for the Evansville job, and people close to the program wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack head back to Australia.

This all rings true.

I don’t recall Moos asking Riley for a five-year plan.

Miles already has assistants doing well in head coaching positions.  This should work well for recruiting high-quality replacements.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:43 AM, Tallbaby21 said:

Slow play it and see if Hoiberg or Donovan get canned at the end of the NBA season. If they aren’t available and you don’t have the stomach to go after Pitino then extend Miles. 

Not going after Pitino wouldn't involve the stomach.  It would involve the brain, heart, and internal character to not go after him. 

And hopefully for the last time:  Hoiberg  IS. NOT. COMING. HERE. NO.MATTER.WHAT.  He is not.  And neither is Dana Altman.  For the love of God, people, stop it with those two names. 

2 hours ago, Swan88 said:

This all rings true.

I don’t recall Moos asking Riley for a five-year plan.

Miles already has assistants doing well in head coaching positions.  This should work well for recruiting high-quality replacements.

Reading the 2 articles about this, I didn't see where Moos asked for a 5 year plan.  I took it that Miles was presenting a 5 year plan.  Nothing wrong with selling your employer on a rosy vision.  Beats looking in the rearview mirror.  I hope it works for him and Husker basketball fans!

3 hours ago, HB said:

And hopefully for the last time:  Hoiberg  IS. NOT. COMING. HERE. NO.MATTER.WHAT.  He is not.  And neither is Dana Altman.  For the love of God, people, stop it with those two names. 

How about Glenn Potter?  Let's see if anyone here remembers him.....

55 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

How about Glenn Potter?  Let's see if anyone here remembers him.....

I took two separate UNL classes taught by Glenn.  He was a good, thoughtful man that would sit after classes and discuss a myriad of topics with me.  I always liked and appreciated Glenn Potter. 

Edited by Huskerpapa

12 minutes ago, reddan said:

Don't dismiss the Altman rumor just yet. Maybe something cooking.  Let's see how the next week plays out.

Well, I wasn't going to mention it,  but I've heard it too. My source has some ties inside the athletic department, but also has been wrong on a number of occasions. So fwiw, it's out there.

24 minutes ago, royalfan said:

Same source that said we were in the tournament, only to sneak into the NIT as one of the very last at large bids?

Yep, that was me. But trust me I wasn't the only one who had the same info. My info also came from the guy  who told me Miles was going to New Mexico last year.  Most generally very solid info but not always.  Also said would probably lose at least three players this week.

2 hours ago, reddan said:

Yep, that was me. But trust me I wasn't the only one who had the same info. My info also came from the guy  who told me Miles was going to New Mexico last year.  Most generally very solid info but not always.  Also said would probably lose at least three players this week.

Well you certainly don't have too much pride to come back here spreading more totally uneducated guesses as insider info, that's for sure. Until anyone ever puts the name or title of a source out there, nothing is to be believed. I can't believe you came on here a week ago telling us all we were in the tournament, were way wrong, and now you're back telling us Altman is possibly in the works. Anyone can predict we will lose 3 players. We do most offseasons. We have a handful on the rumor mill right now. 

Tim Miles to New Mexico. Nebraska's in the tournament. Dana Altman may be something cooking. Got it.