Postseason Tourney Talk

I just want to gauge some opinions here: if Loyola and Northwestern had swapped conferences for this year, where in the league standings would each have finished?  Northwestern in the Valley, Loyola in the Big Ten.
All that would matter would be the conference tournament in that scanerio. We need to learn that the regular season finish doesn't matter.

Loyola doesn't finish in the top 5 in the big and they don't win the conference tournament.

Northwestern has a decent shot to win the valley regular season and a decent shot to lose the conference tournament

12 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

Looks like Duke (or Nova) will only have to beat a 9 or 11 seed for the title.

Duke always gets the cheapest national titles

tell you what: any team that sleeps on loyola and takes them for granted will get beat. that's a legitimately good basketball team and they've got some pretty high end players on it. 

Just now, PimpMario said:
2 minutes ago, tcp said:

tell you what: any team that sleeps on loyola and takes them for granted will get beat. that's a legitimately good basketball team and they've got some pretty high end players on it. 

That's what people said about Butler when Duke won a cheap championship off of them.

sorry, mario, i'm of the school that holds if you're in the final four, you're good. even if it's just a hot streak. and there are no cheap wins in the final four. just my opinion. 

sorry, mario, i'm of the school that holds if you're in the final four, you're good. even if it's just a hot streak. and there are no cheap wins in the final four. just my opinion. 
Did you see the South region? It was a complete dumpster fire. Creighton could have made it and the highest seeds they would have had to beat were a 9 and 5

7 minutes ago, PimpMario said:
9 minutes ago, tcp said:

Did you see the South region? It was a complete dumpster fire. Creighton could have made it and the highest seeds they would have had to beat were a 9 and 5

I think it was seeded poorly (as I think most of the tourney was) , but I just watch the teams play and not worry about their seeding. this loyola team is playing really, really good ball. Obviously, like Villanova, if those shots don't fall, they can lose. So can Duke. I'll call it now--if they draw FSU, I think they'll win. Michigan a tougher match up for them. Much tougher. But they can shoot right over FSU with those guards.