Postseason Tourney Talk

Just now, hskr4life said:

Usually I would agree.  Both teams were at full strength and played to win.  I will count that.  Sure it won't show up in the official stats.  We still beat them.  Plus, you play every game to win.  We won.  I will stick with 2-2.  

Nebraska played Miss St. twice, whether it officially "counted" twice doesn't really matter.

Why do I have this feeling we wouldn’t be considering ourselves 1-3 had we lost the exhibition?

Does Miles have two 20 loss seasons now since we lost our secret scrimmages those years?

Guess half the football team went 5-8 last year since they won the spring game.   

Edited by nustudent

4 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Why do I have this feeling we wouldn’t be considering ourselves 1-3 had we lost the exhibition?

Does Miles have two 20 loss seasons now since we lost our secret scrimmages those years?

Guess half the football team went 5-8 last year since they won the spring game.   

No one truly cares whether NU won or lost the exhibition, it's the fact that the Huskers played Miss St. twice. And I doubt hskr4life really is all that concerned with the charity game result.

My takeaway is that I wished that NU's earlier experience in Starkville had led to a better result in the N.I.T.

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

No one truly cares whether NU won or lost the exhibition, it's the fact that the Huskers played Miss St. twice. And I doubt hskr4life really is all that concerned with the charity game result.

My takeaway is that I wished that NU's earlier experience in Starkville had led to a better result in the N.I.T.

I'm just happy that the biggest thing we have to argue about at this point in the year was if the charity game should count or not.  That my friends is one hell of a year so far.  :lol:

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

Michigan extremely well coached.  Hardly ever take a long two.  3's or rim.  Their d tries to eliminate those exact things.  Coaching at its finest.  

totally agree. bielein such a good hire for them. i'm glad they finally are getting the kind of game they were playing to close out the conf tourney  with. it's been a dicey run for the wolverines up until now.