Postseason Tourney Talk

if you're getting scores from Fox, everything says OT because they didn't adjust their scoring system for quarters. Just an FYI. I was pretty weirded out initially by how many teams were in OT, until I saw one with a 44 pt lead in 4 OT....heh heh. 

Asheville laying some wood to the Trojans right now. That looked like a very sad team the other day. 

9 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Can move this if you need to.  Thought I would start a thread just so we can vent about how anything is going in any of the tournaments.

I will start.

Not sure Oklahoma is really this good and should have been in the tournament, BUTRhode Island is way over seeded as a 7. IMHO.

This got bumped down by last night's action

38 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Can move this if you need to.  Thought I would start a thread just so we can vent about how anything is going in any of the tournaments.

I will start.

Not sure Oklahoma is really this good and should have been in the tournament, BUTRhode Island is way over seeded as a 7. IMHO.

I agree. I personally thought that it was deliberate on the committee's part to give Oklahoma a softer matchup so they can get a victory and justify their decision.

Hopefully Rhode Island closes the game out here and we continue on the committee hate train!

Edited by Mr. Red

ASU and OU have horrible finishes to the regular season. The committee says that doesn't matter. ASU and OU both take an NCAA bid from 2 other teams arguably more deserving and end up losing in the first round.

I hope the committee next year starts putting more value in a team finishing out their season 11-4 compared to a team finishing 4-11 just because they had some Quadrant 1 wins in December.

19 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

ASU and OU have horrible finishes to the regular season. The committee says that doesn't matter. ASU and OU both take an NCAA bid from 2 other teams arguably more deserving and end up losing in the first round.

I hope the committee next year starts putting more value in a team finishing out their season 11-4 compared to a team finishing 4-11 just because they had some Quadrant 1 wins in December.

All I wanted out of the tourney this year was to see those two teams lose in the first round.

I got my wish.

Best NCAA tourney in years from my angle.