Scouting Miss St

hhcmatt

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Yeah. The Indiana AD said playing an NIT game in Assembly Hall would dishonor the court, or words to that effect. That's Nebraska football-level arrogance.

Yeah, but part of me likes that they weren't only calculating on the basis of cash receipts. There's a charm there somewhere, isn't there?

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I found it surprising that according to either OMW or LJS, we have the most NIT appearances than any Big Ten team.

Seemed like we were in the NIT every year for about two plus decades, tho, didn't it?

9 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Went on their website, I was able to get reserved seats in row 5. Unless there's a ton of GA tickets being sold, I'm guessing we won't exactly see a full Humphrey Coliseum.

I think there is a baseball game that day. Maybe 3000-4000 tickets

3 hours ago, tcp said:

Yeah, but part of me likes that they weren't only calculating on the basis of cash receipts. There's a charm there somewhere, isn't there?

I believe that the NCAA takes all of the proceeds after expenses.  The schools don't make anything.  At least that is my understanding.

42 minutes ago, 36red said:

I believe that the NCAA takes all of the proceeds after expenses.  The schools don't make anything.  At least that is my understanding.

Interesting. I would be surprised then that a school would have the autonomy to turn down a home game if the NCAA's revenues were directly impacted by that decision. Curious.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Are we going to show up for this game? Is Mississippi St?

I think we're gonna come out and lay an egg, and frankly I can't blame them. It's nice to think we're gonna have a "fire in the belly" with something to prove, but I'm not too excited to watch another NIT game, can't believe the  players are too jazzed to play in one.

8 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I think we're gonna come out and lay an egg, and frankly I can't blame them. It's nice to think we're gonna have a "fire in the belly" with something to prove, but I'm not too excited to watch another NIT game, can't believe the  players are too jazzed to play in one.

I mean its been 10 years since we've won a tournament game of any kind. In 4 D1 tournament appearances Miles has never won a tournament game. I understand we're disappointed but I would hope there would still be motivation to win, its not like tournament appearances are a dime a dozen for this program.

7 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I mean its been 10 years since we've won a tournament game of any kind. In 4 D1 tournament appearances Miles has never won a tournament game. I understand we're disappointed but I would hope there would still be motivation to win, its not like tournament appearances are a dime a dozen for this program.

I think Miles and the staff are plenty motivated. How motivated can you get the team is the question

28 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I think Miles and the staff are plenty motivated. How motivated can you get the team is the question

As a team that has had a long drought of any sort of postseason success, let's go out and make some noise in the NIT. If we all believe that there are a lot of snubs in the NIT that should have been in the NCAA, then it isn't a bad thing to go out and beat those teams.

If the players aren't motivated for Anton and Evan, if they aren't interested in proving that the seeding and selections made a mistake, if they just aren't all that keen to keep playing then why are all of us wasting our time watching, writing, and thinking about them? This team showed a lot of heart all season , cutting deficits and making clutch plays, so I have to believe they will keep working hard. 

23 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think there is a baseball game that day. Maybe 3000-4000 tickets

Many season ticket holders go out of habit and not wanting to waste something that's already paid for. It's another thing to go shell out $25 for a game with pretty limited appeal. I'd be shocked if the crowd is more than about 3,000. No doubt we'd sell more tickets, I'd guess it would be closer to 10,000 for a midweek first-round NIT game. We drew 9,000 for a first-round game against  Charlotte in 2008, 10,000 for a second-round game against Niagara in 2004. I'd wager the biggest first-round NIT crowd this year is around 6-7,000.

25 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Many season ticket holders go out of habit and not wanting to waste something that's already paid for. It's another thing to go shell out $25 for a game with pretty limited appeal. I'd be shocked if the crowd is more than about 3,000. No doubt we'd sell more tickets, I'd guess it would be closer to 10,000 for a midweek first-round NIT game. We drew 9,000 for a first-round game against  Charlotte in 2008, 10,000 for a second-round game against Niagara in 2004. I'd wager the biggest first-round NIT crowd this year is around 6-7,000.

Tickets are either $10 or $15 

I'd estimate they have 60 to 70% of the lower bowl sold out.

The upper bowl I think is general admission for this game.

I think it will be closer to 6-7000 than it will be to 3000

7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Tickets are either $10 or $15 

I'd estimate they have 60 to 70% of the lower bowl sold out.

The upper bowl I think is general admission for this game.

I think it will be closer to 6-7000 than it will be to 3000

So other than the price and the crowd count and a few other things, I was spot on.  :blink: