knee jerk reaction

Until we beat them, I think we should continue to play the series.  Its a program we need work to get to their level.  Its a good measuring stick game.  We also recruit a lot of the same players.  It was a competitive game this year, maybe next year get over the hump.  On the plus side, we OWN the bluejays in baseball, so that's nice. :)

8 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Nebrasketball got screwed.  And Rasmussen led the charge.

I definitely understand the emotional reaction - but based on what has been revealed, Nebraska wasn't anywhere near getting in so Rasmussen wouldn't have been able to impact the discussion one way or the other. 

As I tweeted a bit earlier, schedule makers have been warned. Metrics matter more than actually playing the game so proceed accordingly.

20 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

That game has never helped Nebraska and would not have helped them this year either. Plus, I'm so pissed as Rasmussen I know it would stick in his craw. Hiring of Scott Frost makes it easier to piss off jaysker donors more than ever

What good would that do? It would just the bluebirds more ammo.

I am saying Nebraska needs to schedule ACC/SECB12 teams because it's an overrated win. Beating Creighton would not have mattered this year. Therefore, why play it. Playing at K-State would have been better for the metric lovers. Also, Creighton refuses to play UNO in a home and home and UNO is a university system school. If the Jays won't play the mavs than Nebraska should snub the Jays .  

2 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

I am saying Nebraska needs to schedule ACC/SECB12 teams because it's an overrated win. Beating Creighton would not have mattered this year. Therefore, why play it. Playing at K-State would have been better for the metric lovers. Also, Creighton refuses to play UNO in a home and home and UNO is a university system school. If the Jays won't play the mavs than Nebraska should snub the Jays .  

You cannot be serious right? If we would've went to Omaha and won we would be in the tournament right now if everything else played out the way it did. I understand the hate for Creighton in a rivalry but putting them on the same level as UNO is laughable. Rassmussen DOES NOT hate us. It looks like we weren't really in a position to really be brought up.

40 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

That game has never helped Nebraska and would not have helped them this year either. Plus, I'm so pissed as Rasmussen I know it would stick in his craw. Hiring of Scott Frost makes it easier to piss off jaysker donors more than ever

Umm it absolutely would have helped us... had we won. Instead of pulling a pansy move by dropping him from the schedule, how about we stick it to him by actually beating them for once?

7 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

How would playing Kansas State be any better for our resume than Creighton?

1 minute ago, TomEadesSucks said:

We weren't in the last 4 out, probably the eight team out. Beating Creighton wouldn't have done jack for us.

Exactly. That game also rarely draws any attention outside Nebraska. As for UNO.....Remember when CU was in the valley and the huskers were B8 and B12? I do. CU needed that game and Nebraska obliged because of donor pressure. No reason for university system to allow CU to avoid UNO. CU is scared to death of that game

31 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

We probably have to keep playing them.  But Husker Nation will have a long memory on what Rasmussen did to us today.

Stop. I hate Creighton as much as the next guy but us not making it is not some giant transgression. Rasmussen and the other 9 committee members did not keep us out because of the name on the jersey. 

Just now, Swan88 said:

Two teams in the Dance have losing records over their last 15 games, including mutiple losses of 20 points and more.  Neither deserves to be there.  

Not saying I disagree. But it’s not as if we had a really strong resume. If the situation was reversed the fans of those schools would probably be poking holes in our resume. This can be valuable for our guys going forward hopefully. Schedule tough and we need good wins.