Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NeeandMe

Selection Show, who to watch for

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, HuskerActuary said:

No, it doesn't take crystal balls. Delaware St, Marist, and Stetson were all in the 300s on KenPom last year. They should not have been on our schedule.

 

Considering we didn't deliberately schedule one of those games....my point is kind of proven.   Yes...some teams you will always know will be low.   Personally, I would never attempt to schedule any games against MEAC or SWAC teams for this reason.   But aside from that it's still hard to control at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nustudent said:

 

Considering we didn't deliberately schedule one of those games....my point is kind of proven.   Yes...some teams you will always know will be low.   Personally, I would never attempt to schedule any games against MEAC or SWAC teams for this reason.   But aside from that it's still hard to control at times.

Yeah, my bad on Marist. That UCF loss hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rr52 said:

After seeing this I don't believe Nebraska was considered an at-large possibility or even on the committee board after losing to Ohio St.  Oklahoma as a 10 is utter bs.

It doesn't appear we were even close.  While I wish we would have gotten more support from the BIG network, I guess they were right, we probably needed to win two in the tourney to be considered.  What a strange year.  A lot to be proud of.  Metrics just didn't add up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot schedule yourself out of the Tournament by playing too difficult opponents.   The win over BC should have carried more weight than it did.  What is hard to stomach is that we are probably in if we don’t give up a late 3 to KU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rr52 said:

After seeing this I don't believe Nebraska was considered an at-large possibility or even on the committee board after losing to Ohio St.  Oklahoma as a 10 is utter bs.

 

I read or heard somewhere that the committee had to keep them in after saying they were one of the first 16 on the first list they put out.  Don't know if that is true but...

 

Hope they just get blown out and the "Wonder Kid" goes like 2 for 35 and then everybody can see what a joke that "team" is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact is we only had one win against a tournament team. Every team that made the tournament had at least a handful of them. It sucks that our opportunities against Purdue, Michigan State, and Ohio State didn't come at home, but most every at-large team has a win of that caliber on their resume. 13-5 is nice and all, but we racked up wins against average to below average teams.

 

My only gripe is that teams that have faltered down the stretch (Oklahoma, Arizona State) maybe shouldn't get in. But actually, if you look back at past tournaments, how you finish your season really doesn't have any correlation with how you do in the NCAA tournament. And to be honest, if we played Oklahoma's schedule, we might not have done any better. The Big XII isn't full of world beaters, but everyone but Iowa State is at the very least a solid team. We'd be underdogs if we played any of them on the road.

Edited by Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cazzie22 said:

Rasmussen is the Committee Chair, he has only one vote!  

 

Exactly. It's not like the room isn't full of opinionated dudes either. They aren't just gonna bow down to him because he's the Chair. If he really was making a strong case for us, I'm sure someone would have been willing to call him out for trying to favor the in-state team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is not a Rasmussen thing. The way we were going to get in we're if they valued end-of-season performance, didn't listen to the media about how down the Big Ten was, and actually watched our games to see that not only we can compete but that teams like Wisconsin and Maryland aren't going to roll over and die like Ole Miss and Cal do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people still watching the show?  I stopped watching 40 minutes ago - and just keep reloading the ncaa tournament site to get the brackets.  Oh well, beats waiting the full hour to know our fate, but not good tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Fact is we only had one win against a tournament team. Every team that made the tournament had at least a handful of them. It sucks that our opportunities against Purdue, Michigan State, and Ohio State didn't come at home, but most every at-large team has a win of that caliber on their resume. 13-5 is nice and all, but we racked up wins against average to below average teams.

 

My only gripe is that teams that have faltered down the stretch (Oklahoma, Arizona State) maybe shouldn't get in. But actually, if you look back at past tournaments, how you finish your season really doesn't have any correlation with how you do in the NCAA tournament. And to be honest, if we played Oklahoma's schedule, we might not have done any better. The Big XII isn't full of world beaters, but everyone but Iowa State is at the very least a solid team. We'd be underdogs if we played any of them on the road.

 

That may be true that our record might be the same, but we also won't feel like the puppy who thought his owner said, " You are going to the vet to be tutored!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Huskerone said:

Not to be rude, but thats BS, you have no idea.  Why speculate like that?  Other than to get a negative reaction?  People that speculate on who stays and who goes are getting tire some.  You talk with Cope and Palmer often?  If anything this type of thing can unite a group and both would be more likely to come back.  Geesh.  Rant over.

I'd love to have them both come back but they are getting older and maybe they want to start getting paid like Petteway and Pitchford did.  It is just speculation but that's what goes on often on message boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rr52 said:

Barkley pretty much just called Rasmussen a dumbass without actually saying it.

Sorry should've posted, "Barkley pretty much just called the selection committee dumbasses without actually saying it." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I can send him as much as you want.  What a crappy day.  This is the topper.  CH-III and I spent 4-1/2 hours sucking up sewer water.

Did yo save any I know where you can send it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, throwback said:

Going to be tough to do when we go to 20 conference games next season. Another brilliant idea.

17-3 Nebraska left out. Lunerdi they just didn't do enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, No Place Like the Vault said:

I'd love to have them both come back but they are getting older and maybe they want to start getting paid like Petteway and Pitchford did.  It is just speculation but that's what goes on often on message boards.

Where exactly did Pitchford go play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×