Sign in to follow this  
colhusker

OT- Boy's State Tournament

12 hours ago, ShortDust said:

Wow!!

That was a game for the ages.  Should go down in the annals of the PBA H.S. basketball lore.  Lot of guts and heart displayed by these young lads on both teams.  

40 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

That was a game for the ages.  Should go down in the annals of the PBA H.S. basketball lore.  Lot of guts and heart displayed by these young lads on both teams.  

This one is still my favorite.  I know there was one empty seat that night as my father lost his on the way down to campus.

15 minutes ago, colhusker said:

This one is still my favorite.  I know there was one empty seat that night as my father lost his on the way down to campus.

Were you the little 9-year-old kid storming the floor?

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I wish but alas was at home.

So was I. I think we sat together for the '78 title. I remember sitting next to Ed helping with the PA for Class D at East during the '79 tournament, when O. Northwest upset East. Kind of glad I missed that one.

Edited by jayschool

34 minutes ago, jayschool said:

So was I. I think we sat together for the '78 title. I remember sitting next to Ed helping with the PA for Class D at East during the '79 tournament, when O. Northwest upset East. Kind of glad I missed that one.

Yep was sitting with you that day too trying to keep track of rebounds and other items.

12 minutes ago, HB said:

The next year I was at the Class A title game cheering for Columbus.   East's luck ran out.   :D

We inherited a bumper sticker noting Columbus was state champs from some vandal at Wagners Lake the following summer.  Dad in good fun moved it to the family camper and it went with us for years of vacation fun.

Sidenote - the vandal was friends with the family who owned the cabin we were at and knew both families had ties to East.