I Want More Seasons Like This

Overall, the reason I like this group is it has a lot of optimistic people (a needed trait of a long term Nebrasketball fan).  

I have a tendency to only lurk when the seasons get rough, but I still see Nebrasketball as a sleeping giant, at least I hope. 

Hoping for many many more years of legitimate Nebrasketball talk in March.

YES! absolutely. Thank you. ^_^

I was recently listening to Chris on Hail varsity radio, and they were talking about what fan expectations were around our fanbase, and one of the main ones was this exactly; that we simply want a team that on a yearly basis is either IN the tourney, or close as a bubble team. We simply want the team to compete for something that matters, so  that basketball is exciting and a real event here in the state. Simple enough! and I believe it is achievable. Whenever that first tourney win comes, fine; although I think when it does come, it'll release a huge weight from our collective corn-shucking shoulders. 

Regardless, Basketball is alive in the state of Nebraska!! #Nebrasketball

Edited by HolyBobpilgrimage

On 3/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, HuskerFever said:

Forget the tournament conversations for a moment. I want more seasons like this. The fact that were here in the second week of March and the dialogue on HHC is alive and well is so refreshing.

Many of us have been through the years on HHC where conversations tend to die around January, where non-regulars become even more irregular, and those who are champions for sticking it out tend to have conversations about NyQuil, the angle a player's knee bends, and the decor of an opposing player's parent's basement.

Thank you all for being here in March. Seriously. I want more seasons like this, both on and off the court.

Cheers.

Love ya, HuskerFever. :D:P I couldn't agree more, obviously.

Edited by HolyBobpilgrimage

On 3/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, huskercwg said:

It would be nice/appropriate for us to build a consistent winner.  We should be playing at or near NCAA tournament level each year.  Why can't the CORNHUSKERS be in the talk each year.  WHY NOT?

The DREAM would be to surplant the Blue team up north as the Basketball power (or  two headed rivalry) in the State, and end (or intensify) the cursed art of Jayskerism forever. 

One can dream.

One. Can. Dream. 

15 hours ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

The DREAM would be to surplant the Blue team up north as the Basketball power (or  two headed rivalry) in the State, and end (or intensify) the cursed art of Jayskerism forever. 

One can dream.

One. Can. Dream. 

Has the blue team up North really seen basketball Nirvana?  I want and wish for more than what the bluebloods have.

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Has the blue team up North really seen basketball Nirvana?  I want and wish for more than what the bluebloods have.

True... I guess we've been in the basement so long we've assumed that the jays have been really good, but if you look at it, they haven't done much more than crack the top 25 and make the tourney every year, win a game here and there...

I agree, I'm not limiting nebraska. We can do better! ?

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, HuskerFever said:

Forget the tournament conversations for a moment. I want more seasons like this. The fact that were here in the second week of March and the dialogue on HHC is alive and well is so refreshing.

Many of us have been through the years on HHC where conversations tend to die around January, where non-regulars become even more irregular, and those who are champions for sticking it out tend to have conversations about NyQuil, the angle a player's knee bends, and the decor of an opposing player's parent's basement.

Thank you all for being here in March. Seriously. I want more seasons like this, both on and off the court.

Cheers.

This team deserved to be dancing.  I feel bad for the guys, especially the seniors.  We 100 percent deserved this.  I don’t want to hear from all of the “I told you so” people.  You can gloat somewhere else.  I love this team and these coaches.  Still do.  Hope Palmer and Cope come back hungry and we do damage next year.  Nebrasketball Forever.

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Now I really agree, feels bad to get kicked in the well whereever we just got kicked.

But it is nice to now know what it is like to have hope and know that we can "fall" back to the NIT with a high seed.

Post season baby!!!

and I like the first quote better.^_^

68009da32f24307a259e790824afa98f.jpg

images.jpg

Okay it it ended up being the second one.:angry:

On 3/8/2018 at 12:31 PM, HuskerFever said:

Cheers.

Even though the team petered out in the end, these words still hold true. It's been a blast everyone! Let's keep this momentum going. This could really become a special year next year.

arhive-4plebs-org.gif