Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cipsucks

A Friendly Wager

Recommended Posts

How about a Spring Pledge Drive in the style of public television/NPR?  @hhcdimes you can spam pledge drive posts all over every topic until enough people get fed up and donate the desired amount :ph34r:

Or I do have a nice gently used car I could donate to HHC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Red said:

How about a Spring Pledge Drive in the style of public television/NPR?  @hhcdimes you can spam pledge drive posts all over every topic until enough people get fed up and donate the desired amount :ph34r:

Or I do have a nice gently used car I could donate to HHC

 

Would you like the tote bag or the mug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meerkat68901 said:

I am betting the Huskers don't make it. Hope I'm wrong!

 

I think your are right but hope you are wrong as well.  Looking like we might come up about 1 win (or loss) short to make the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, my gut tells me we're a 2 seed in the NIT.  My head tells me we are likely out.  My heart has us and me in Dayton, literally, as I've already researched flights.  I woke up feeling lousy about our chances after hearing Lunardi eviscerate us on a few different media forums yesterday.  Not that Lunardi is the end all, be all but his and Palm's and all other bracketologists tired and repetitive narrative does beat down even the most optimistic Nebraska fan, which typically I am.  

 

I rarely win bets as my online sportsbook account will attest to.  I hardly ever bet on my own teams as it's impossible, for me at least, to peel away the emotion.  With that being said, after Nebraska had reeled off 8 straight against the spread and something along the lines of 16 out of the last 17, I decided to put a wager on the Illinois game and took Nebraska as a very small favorite.  We know how that turned out.

 

 So to turn the tide and to make myself feel marginally better, I donated $10 this morning.  I figured that since I don't win bets that I might as well get out in front of my loss when Nebraska does make the tournament.  Psychologically I now feel better.  I definitely need some sort of long term medication but I do feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I woke up feeling lousy about our chances after hearing Lunardi eviscerate us on a few different media forums yesterday.  Not that Lunardi is the end all, be all but his and Palm's and all other bracketologists tired and repetitive narrative does beat down even the most optimistic Nebraska fan, which typically I am.

 

I've never heard them publically single out a team like this, let alone this much. There must be some substance to us having a shot at a bid given they've spent so much time and energy campaigning against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one get a job as a bracketologist anyway?  What do they produce that is of any economic value?  How difficult is their "job" anyway, and how easily could they be replaced?

 

Are the bracketologists really on the up and up, or are some of them on the take?  With the amount of money involved and the corruption that goes on in the sport, it's not hard to imagine that they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

How does one get a job as a bracketologist anyway?  What do they produce that is of any economic value?  How difficult is their "job" anyway, and how easily could they be replaced?

 

Are the bracketologists really on the up and up, or are some of them on the take?  With the amount of money involved and the corruption that goes on in the sport, it's not hard to imagine that they are.

 

It's all about branding. And Lunardi's (or maybe ESPN) is probably the best at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 8:19 PM, Dead Dog Alley said:

How does one get a job as a bracketologist anyway?  What do they produce that is of any economic value?  How difficult is their "job" anyway, and how easily could they be replaced?

 

Are the bracketologists really on the up and up, or are some of them on the take?  With the amount of money involved and the corruption that goes on in the sport, it's not hard to imagine that they are.

Luinardi was the first one to "guess" what the committee was thinking.  He was able to guess most, if not all, teams in the tournament.   What people don't realize is that most people could put 32 teams in the tournament.  That means guessing 4 teams would get you in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Here's what I need from all who won this friendly wager.  PM me your name, and whether you want to come to Conlee's for a burger and beverage or you want jerky.  Look forward to meeting the people here who I've not had the chance to.

Cip, will get out there as soon as I can, but I will pay.    Thanks for playing!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×