A Friendly Wager

cipsucks

In 2001, when Nebraska Football lost to Colorado, the national head of the company I worked for at the time, called to give his condolences.  I told him, "I don't know why, but I have a feeling the Huskers will be in the national championship game."  He laughed and told me there wasn't a chance.  Three weeks later, he called and asked how I knew?  "Just listened to listened to my gut," I told him.

My gut is telling me now the Huskers are making the Big Dance.  Gonna be some goofy stuff happening next week in the conference tourneys.  Here's my friendly wager for all who want to play:

If you bet against my gut (and the Huskers;)), and I'm wrong (something Mrs. cip reminds me of every day), you get a free burger and beverage at Conlee's.  Or for those playing from out of state, I'll send you a bag of Lucky Brand Jerky.  However, if you pick against us (my gut and the Huskers) and NU makes the NCAA Tourney, you have to make at least a $10.00 donation to HHC.

Now for the brave who want to join me,  if the Huskers make the tourney, you win the same.  But if they don't, you still have to pay up to HHC. 

Carefully consider what you're doing before you haphazardly jump on this thread with your wager.  Dimes will let me know who has and hasn't made a donation.  Knowing the procrastinator that I am, let's put a deadline of May 1st to collect or pay.  I will publically call out those of you who are trying to weasel out of a friendly wager.  :)

If you want to play, just post if you think the Huskers are in, or they're out.

GBR!

58 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

In 2001, when Nebraska Football lost to Colorado, the national head of the company I worked for at the time, called to give his condolences.  I told him, "I don't know why, but I have a feeling the Huskers will be in the national championship game."  He laughed and told me there wasn't a chance.  Three weeks later, he called and asked how I knew?  "Just listened to listened to my gut," I told him.

My gut is telling me now the Huskers are making the Big Dance.  Gonna be some goofy stuff happening next week in the conference tourneys.  Here's my friendly wager for all who want to play:

If you bet against my gut (and the Huskers;)), and I'm wrong (something Mrs. cip reminds me of every day), you get a free burger and beverage at Conlee's.  Or for those playing from out of state, I'll send you a bag of Lucky Brand Jerky.  However, if you pick against us (my gut and the Huskers) and NU makes the NCAA Tourney, you have to make at least a $10.00 donation to HHC.

Now for the brave who want to join me,  if the Huskers make the tourney, you win the same.  But if they don't, you still have to pay up to HHC. 

Carefully consider what you're doing before you haphazardly jump on this thread with your wager.  Dimes will let me know who has and hasn't made a donation.  Knowing the procrastinator that I am, let's put a deadline of May 1st to collect or pay.  I will publically call out those of you who are trying to weasel out of a friendly wager.  :)

If you want to play, just post if you think the Huskers are in, or they're out.

GBR!

It’s a win win for me. Mark me down Cip! Here’s hoping I donate soon!

I can't bet against your gut because I think we are in, well we should be.

Odd thing too Cip.  After that Buff game I was sitting at the family Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws telling them we had a chance and that I think it was 7 games had to happen in a certain manner, well the rest is history.

Edited by colhusker

I am in on this.  Sign me up.  I think we are in too.  I know conference records don't matter but i don't think the committee will want to put 80% of a conference in.  I think if a team like Louisville that has been caught cheating gives them any reason to be left out, they will leave them out.  I think a 14-15 loss team like Alabama is not gonna make it.    I think we get credited for beating Minnesota when they were top 15 and good enough to beat Alabama and Providence.  I think the Creighton AD knows some of the biggest boosters give money to both schools. I think it is a play-in game and I think we win it!

So there.

Just now, HuskerPower #nato73 said:

I am in on this.  Sign me up.  I think we are in too.  I know conference records don't matter but i don't think the committee will want to put 80% of a conference in.  I think if a team like Louisville that has been caught cheating gives them any reason to be left out, they will leave them out.  I think a 14-15 loss team like Alabama is not gonna make it.    I think we get credited for beating Minnesota when they were top 15 and good enough to beat Alabama and Providence.  I think the Creighton AD knows some of the biggest boosters give money to both schools. I think it is a play-in game and I think we win it!

So there.

Cip... That has to be worth like double or triple jerky.  :D

52 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I know it's been mentioned recently, but can someone remind me how we can donate to HHC.  Thanks.

When you get to the forum section, there's a button on the right hand side that says donate.  It's right below the gizmo thingee where "soemone" has a problem with spell check.  :)