NCAA or bust.

28 minutes ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

This post is wanting more for this program! The goal is NCAA tourney period!  Going to the NIT or staying home is about the same now days.

Only if you’re shallow minded.

Been a fan for 40 years, but expect more than the program has ever accomplished, and on a consistent basis.

Got it. Revolving door of mid major coaches will definitely get you there.

Man I was pissed after the showing today, but seriously some of these ppl even on this site. Do I want us to be in the NCAA every year, hell yea. Is that realistic for a program with absolutely zero history. People need to stop with the fb expectation for basketball. NIT this year will be a good consolation prize. 

Imo they have to extend miles or fire him and I want him extended 2-3 years. No more one year crap. It’s gonna start hurting on the recruiting trail. 

Oh and if they let him go, might as well hit reset button and start over again. Hire another mid major coach, no Hoiberg isn’t coming. Lue isn’t coming, we aren’t wooing a big name with money when they know how hard it’s to win here and the fact there is no tradition/history.

Lets cheer this team on in the NIT whether we want them there or not.

GBR

/End Rant

4 hours ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

Each year the NIT is becoming more meaningless.  The NCAA's moved from 32 to 64 teams in the 80's when there was around 200 division 1 teams, now there are 351 teams, they added just 4 teams a few years ago, there should be 96 teams. NIT is a joke now.  I say turn a bid down!  No one cares about the NIT.

Not only no but hell no

Miles's contract has already hurt us on the recruiting trail according to Robin Washut. I wanted Miles gone after last year, but alas. I admit it is hard to fire him after this season, but maybe with some of the talent we have "coming back" that would make a transition easier? But I also agree that Copeland and/or Palmer are likely gone. Not sure where Palmer is at regarding graduating, but I could see either of them feeling like they'd like to get paid to play overseas at a minimum versus coming back to play for "free" (yes, I know they get something in return).

Making the NCAA tourney 1 out of 6 years and the NIT 1 out of every 5 years should not be good enough. Miles record in down years was worse than many of the recent worst years. The 3 years previous to this year were the worst since the early 1950s. In all that is abysmal in the abysmal history of Nebrasketball, that is extraordinarily bad.

I am tired of the "who are you going to get to come here?" line of thinking. I admit there may be truth to it, but on some level this had the makings of NCAA or bust this year and we didn't make the NCAAs. If all we hear is "Nebraska looks like an NCAA team" and "Nebraska has the talent to win a game or be an NCAA team" and we aren't an NCAA team ... who is responsible? It's hard to talk about the direction of the program when there's so much attrition and the like.

Edited by Husker4theSpurs

Not for nothing, the FBI may be trimming your hiring pool if you're hanging out in Fire Miles world. Also consider the job he's done here -- cleanly -- when going against competition breaking the rules so badly that the FBI is involved in the first place.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, trust me on that. But talk of starting over AGAIN is insanity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Not for nothing, the FBI may be trimming your hiring pool if you're hanging out in Fire Miles world. Also consider the job he's done here -- cleanly -- when going against competition breaking the rules so badly that the FBI is involved in the first place.

I'm as disappointed as anyone, trust me on that. But talk of starting over AGAIN is insanity.

Exactly

59 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Miles's contract has already hurt us on the recruiting trail according to Robin Washut. I wanted Miles gone after last year, but alas. I admit it is hard to fire him after this season, but maybe with some of the talent we have "coming back" that would make a transition easier? But I also agree that Copeland and/or Palmer are likely gone. Not sure where Palmer is at regarding graduating, but I could see either of them feeling like they'd like to get paid to play overseas at a minimum versus coming back to play for "free" (yes, I know they get something in return).

Making the NCAA tourney 1 out of 6 years and the NIT 1 out of every 5 years should not be good enough. Miles record in down years was worse than many of the recent worst years. The 3 years previous to this year were the worst since the early 1950s. In all that is abysmal in the abysmal history of Nebrasketball, that is extraordinarily bad.

I am tired of the "who are you going to get to come here?" line of thinking. I admit there may be truth to it, but on some level this had the makings of NCAA or bust this year and we didn't make the NCAAs. If all we hear is "Nebraska looks like an NCAA team" and "Nebraska has the talent to win a game or be an NCAA team" and we aren't an NCAA team ... who is responsible? It's hard to talk about the direction of the program when there's so much attrition and the like.

How do you know we didn't make the dance? do you something that the rest of don't? Let play out please.

4 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

miles job is not in any jeopardy after winning the 2nd most regular season games in school history.

and i see no evidence suggesting that palmer and copeland will leave after this year. they could both improve on the seasons they had this year.

Agree on Miles disagree on evidence suggesting that Palmer and Copeland will leave after this year.

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Agree on Miles disagree on evidence suggesting that Palmer and Copeland will leave after this year.

i'm not saying they won't leave. i'm saying there's nothing that has come out that would make me think they will leave.

jordy on the other hand should not surprise anyone if he leaves.

1 hour ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Can thank Eichorst for the issues with TM contract. Moos will take care of that after the season is over.

Nobody on this site or any other site knows whether we are in the NCAA tourney or not. 

What we do know is that Bruce R is on our side and our AD is working backing channels.

Our NCAA tourney hopes are still very much alive.

12 hours ago, ShortDust said:

Man I was pissed after the showing today, but seriously some of these ppl even on this site. Do I want us to be in the NCAA every year, hell yea. Is that realistic for a program with absolutely zero history. People need to stop with the fb expectation for basketball. NIT this year will be a good consolation prize. 

Imo they have to extend miles or fire him and I want him extended 2-3 years. No more one year crap. It’s gonna start hurting on the recruiting trail. 

Oh and if they let him go, might as well hit reset button and start over again. Hire another mid major coach, no Hoiberg isn’t coming. Lue isn’t coming, we aren’t wooing a big name with money when they know how hard it’s to win here and the fact there is no tradition/history.

Lets cheer this team on in the NIT whether we want them there or not.

GBR

/End Rant

Absolutely!! Love your point in the rant. It's absolutely nuts how crazy nebraska fans are. Imho that was a big part of the downfall of the football program, one part anyway, and I'd sure hate to see this cancer infect what i see as a fantastic upward trending nebrasketball program. 

These fans smh... although I get the passion, they have no life, and seriously, need to CHILL

5 hours ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

There is no Knee jerk reaction here, just history repeating the same old story! Miles teams have earned a 4th seed twice, and have lost both times. I have followed this team for 40 plus years and I am a season ticket holder.,Just want to see this team be a consistent NCAA team. 

We all want to make the dance on a regular basis.  If you've been watching for 40 years you would see that since Nee got fired, Collier and Sadler pretty much buried the program 6 feet deep.  Not like Miles walked into a school with a rich history or a roster that was ready to compete with the big boys.

3 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

i'm not saying they won't leave. i'm saying there's nothing that has come out that would make me think they will leave.

jordy on the other hand should not surprise anyone if he leaves.

You are correct that there is nothing definative that has come out officially nor will anything come out until the decision has been made.

TM coached teams at Nebraska have a history of having key players leaving at the end of the season.

Also, I did not say they would definitely leave but rather it was likely, especially for Palmer, 80-90%, and 50/50 for Copeland.

I want them to stay to keep things rolling.

1 hour ago, ladyhusker said:

Insanity? I’m not sure about that. I would agree now would not be the time to make any sort of move. It’s all hypotheticals at this point obviously but that could change very quickly if this offseason is anything like the past.  We basically start over every year anyways so that’s not a huge deal.  We need this roster to stay intact for once and hopefully be a shoe in for the big dance next year. 

7 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Insanity? I’m not sure about that. I would agree now would not be the time to make any sort of move. It’s all hypotheticals at this point obviously but that could change very quickly if this offseason is anything like the past.  We basically start over every year anyways so that’s not a huge deal.  We need this roster to stay intact for once and hopefully be a shoe in for the big dance next year. 

People bandy about the phrase "crazy" too easily. Anytime anyone does anything we don't agree with they must be crazy. So no it wouldn't be crazy but very short-sighted, misguided, ignorant and just plain dumb might all be appropriate phrases. 

4 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

People bandy about the phrase "crazy" too easily. Anytime anyone does anything we don't agree with they must be crazy. So no it wouldn't be crazy but very short-sighted, misguided, ignorant and just plain dumb might all be appropriate phrases. 

I would agree, we are not in the position to fire a coach that just won 22 games even if we aren’t dancing. But, we need to hope that this offseason goes smooth. Like most teams we will lose a few guys but those few guys can’t be any of our starters. 

6 hours ago, Huskers/Cubs said:

This post is wanting more for this program! The goal is NCAA tourney period!  Going to the NIT or staying home is about the same now days.

You are one of the best we have had on here in awhile there little dog.  I call you little dog because I hear is a bunch of bitchy whinny yapping just like a little dog.

If these guys leave it is their choice.  If Moos gives Time more time or not that is his choice.  So what ever it is your trying to peddle here isn't going to over to well so maybe you could wait like maybe another 12 hours before you tell us all what is wrong with our program.  But not with your program.