Next year

ZAYWHAT!

Alright everyone, you can write this down in ink not pencil. Glynn starts at the 1, Xavier Johnson is your 2. Copeland and Palmer are your wings, Roby starts at the 5 and is backed up by Jordy. Karrington Davis is your B1G 6th man of the year, and McVeigh re-enters the rotation. Allen, Nana, Thor will sort itself out... 

Isn’t Xavier a 1 and Glynn will be the 2??

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Alright everyone, you can write this down in ink not pencil. Glynn starts at the 1, Xavier Johnson is your 2. Copeland and Palmer are your wings, Roby starts at the 5 and is backed up by Jordy. Karrington Davis is your B1G 6th man of the year, and McVeigh re-enters the rotation. Allen, Nana, Thor will sort itself out... 

Just now, B-town hoopsfan said:

it’s probably not the worst thing if cope leaves, palmer would obviously be a big blow.

it will be interesting to see if Xavier can shoot enough to play the two because he looks like a point to me at this point in his career 

I think Xavier plays the one and subs in and out with Glynn.  Take over Taylors role.

6 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

it’s probably not the worst thing if cope leaves, palmer would obviously be a big blow.

it will be interesting to see if Xavier can shoot enough to play the two because he looks like a point to me at this point in his career 

Considering the rest of our front court depth....we can't afford to lose Cope right now.   Actually think Palmer would be easier for us to replace than Copeland

Edited by nustudent

1 minute ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Roby would likely flourish at the 4 position. At some point roby will probably get tired of having to gaurd bigger 5s. However yes our depth would then be an issue, would need a grad transfer

Dont think theres anything likely about it.   Roby would be terrific at the 4.   But losing Copeland likely means we are either playing McVeigh and Jordy 15 minutes more per game than what they played this year.   Thats not a good thing.   Yes a grad transfer is an option...but we havent exactly hit home runs with our grad transfer posts.   Copeland's length and athleticsm is a big variable for us this year and we dont have anyone, even in his mold, that is there to fill that role

13 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I have heard from a decently reliable source, that other than the seniors, the team wants to come back intact.  Take if for what it is worth. 

If everyone comes back, and if XJ is as good as advertised, and if everyone can stay healthy (I know, a lot of ifs) - you'd got to think we'd be a pretty decent dark horse in the B1G title race next year.

2 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

It wouldn’t be the worse thing for Nebraska basketball. That would be a giant sink hole swollowing the Vault whole with the team in it. But losing Cope would be on the not top 10 list for sure. 

4 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Why not take it a step further?  Get a tattoo of that starting lineup above the words "Nebrasketball: 2019 B1G Champs"

11 hours ago, 49r said:

If everyone comes back, and if XJ is as good as advertised, and if everyone can stay healthy (I know, a lot of ifs) - you'd got to think we'd be a pretty decent dark horse in the B1G title race next year.

I don't think we'd be a dark horse in the Big 10 title race but rather potentially picked to win the conference next year. 

13 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I have heard from a decently reliable source, that other than the seniors, the team wants to come back intact.  Take if for what it is worth. 

Might explain why we have not gone after a transfer and are not beating the bushes (at least publicly) looking for bodies.

7 hours ago, khoock said:

OWH article about Nana and Thor and their role on the team.

Both said theyre excited about competing for the open minutes next year and neither regret redshirting.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/after-passing-on-redshirts-two-little-used-husker-freshmen-trust/article_994a9786-834e-5fd7-8eed-b0420d21dbe5.html