Kate Cain

Bugeaters1

Congratulations Katy !!

Katy has been the surprise of the team this year.....apparently coming out of nowhere.... not on my radar screen for sure. We've had other Husker players improve a lot for sure, but Katy has been a factor immediately when she walked on the floor last fall.

And like Hannah....young.....has a tremendous future. I really expect her to become more of a scoring presence, and an even bigger threat to other teams.

Edited by redsteve

18 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

And, possibly, just scratching the surface.  Not a reach to expect improvement in strength, speed, bounce, and court awareness come next season.  Sorry to look ahead. Plenty of this season left to enjoy.

As my wife and I where watching the game Sunday, I made the remark that the sky is the limit for Kate, when she gets on the weights, the strength and quickness will come. as will her mid range game. I think that her shooting has gotten better as the season went along, seemed to be able to hit the 12 to 15 shot with more accuracy.

5 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

As my wife and I where watching the game Sunday, I made the remark that the sky is the limit for Kate, when she gets on the weights, the strength and quickness will come. as will her mid range game. I think that her shooting has gotten better as the season went along, seemed to be able to hit the 12 to 15 shot with more accuracy.

Has the potential I think to get Gustafson type scoring numbers down the road.  Sorry to compare her to a Hawkeye.  <_<

Recruiting Kate to me was a big turning point in the program.   We didn't have much coming back in the post, and I thought it was strange we didn't seem to be bringing in even serviceable bigs during the spring signing period.   I remember when another poster told me we had a big visiting really late, and I was elated (and posted vaguely about it at the time).  

Well, the rest is history, and we obviously got way more than a serviceable big.  We got a difference maker.  Which really accelerated the program recovery period IMHO.   A major development in Husker hoops history which I don't think can be overstated.  

Congrats to all the post-season all-conference selections:  Cain, Whitish and Coach Williams.

Not that it matters a hill of beans, but I was a little surprised that Cain was not a unanimous selection to the all-freshman team.  I guess I can't say I'm well versed on all the freshman in the conference, but what Cain did this year seems pretty hard to overlook for all-freshman honors.

On 2/27/2018 at 5:18 AM, HB said:

Recruiting Kate to me was a big turning point in the program.   We didn't have much coming back in the post, and I thought it was strange we didn't seem to be bringing in even serviceable bigs during the spring signing period.   I remember when another poster told me we had a big visiting really late, and I was elated (and posted vaguely about it at the time).  

Well, the rest is history, and we obviously got way more than a serviceable big.  We got a difference maker.  Which really accelerated the program recovery period IMHO.   A major development in Husker hoops history which I don't think can be overstated.  

THIS!!   And what is happening in Lincoln is turning recruits heads.  I think we have a really good class of recruits coming in next year, which bodes well for the future.  If Coach Williams has any shortcomings, I don't believe recruiting is one of them.