Big Ten Tournament

HuskerFever

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

1.  How we dropped like 7 spots I’ll never know.  Another flaw of the RPI.

2.  How some teams with barely 17-18 wins are above is is stupid.  Period.

3.  I’m thinking if we were in as of yesterday, the RPI isn’t going to be a big factor for us anyways.  It was going to be bad period.  Not much difference from 55-60 I would say.

Our schedule just ended up freaking weird. Not a whole lot of opportunities against good teams at home (OSU, Purdue, MSU). Instead of getting a chance against one of those teams, we end up playing our only good win (Michigan) again, in the tournament. Michigan, who is now probably going to be a top 10 team, playing their best basketball of the season. When the chips started to fall, they fell in a bad way for us. All in all, this season is Nebrasketball in a nutshell. We have  a great, team, played their tails off, had a great record, but at the end of the day, the committee has to use metrics, and they just aren't there for us. Its not Miles fault, not the players fault - shit just seemed to line up perfectly for us to be a tournament team this year. Sometimes in life you do everything right, and still don't get the desired result.

24 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Our schedule just ended up freaking weird. Not a whole lot of opportunities against good teams at home (OSU, Purdue, MSU). Instead of getting a chance against one of those teams, we end up playing our only good win (Michigan) again, in the tournament. Michigan, who is now probably going to be a top 10 team, playing their best basketball of the season. When the chips started to fall, they fell in a bad way for us. All in all, this season is Nebrasketball in a nutshell. We have  a great, team, played their tails off, had a great record, but at the end of the day, the committee has to use metrics, and they just aren't there for us. Its not Miles fault, not the players fault - shit just seemed to line up perfectly for us to be a tournament team this year. Sometimes in life you do everything right, and still don't get the desired result.

About the most Nebrasketball way not to make the dance.  Damn proud of this team.  I still think we should be in, but my names not Bruce.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

About the most Nebrasketball way not to make the dance.  Damn proud of this team.  I still think we should be in, but my names not Bruce.

I think we're good enough, but understand if the committee decides against us. It sucks, but they need information to back up their decisions - hence the metrics. If we were sitting with 19 wins and 4-5 top 50 wins, I think we would understand why we were getting more respect then say a St. Bonaventure. Some of you guys nailed it on the head, either were the WTF team that gets in, or were out.

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I think we're good enough, but understand if the committee decides against us. It sucks, but they need information to back up their decisions - hence the metrics. If we were sitting with 19 wins and 4-5 top 50 wins, I think we would understand why we were getting more respect then say a St. Bonaventure. Some of you guys nailed it on the head, either were the WTF team that gets in, or were out.

Agree

18 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Also hows this for Nebrasketball karma, were a bubble team for once, and it just so happens that the big 10 tournament is early and we have to wait 9 freaking days for any kind of closure. Why does the universe hate us?

right now we are out. if alabama, texas, oklahoma, baylor, louisville, providence, butler, and st bonnaventure all lose their next game we might have an argument. we'll see.

Edited by TimSmiles

5 minutes ago, Cookie Miller Wasn't Dirty said:

Man, I really think this game is huge for us. It would really help our case if Michigan can win by double digits.

Michigan up 15 right now.  62-47.  Miles might have been right saying that we ran into a "buzz saw."  

I still think that we match up much better with Michigan than someone like Purdue too.  Michigan just playing very well right now.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Sucks we had to beat Michigan twice to get into the tournament. You can count on 1 hand the amount of teams playing better than Michigan right now. Too bad we can’t rack up our quad 1 wins against seton hall, Butler, Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas. 

Or on the road against teams like Rider............