For those with local radio

colhusker

I swear I saw a replay from under the basket that made it look like he said something.  I thought it was during the game in the couple of minutes right after the play, but I couldn't find it on the BTN2Go replay.

Maybe I was hallucinating. And to think, I wasn't even imbibing any adult beverages.  :blink:

39 minutes ago, NUtball said:

I swear I saw a replay from under the basket that made it look like he said something.  I thought it was during the game in the couple of minutes right after the play, but I couldn't find it on the BTN2Go replay.

Maybe I was hallucinating. And to think, I wasn't even imbibing any adult beverages.  :blink:

Then I think you mis-saw. It was definitely an eyeball technical at worst.

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

This is why officials should be accountable/available for post-game interviews.  What did he see, and why did he make the technical call?  I would have a heck of a lot more respect for the official if he came out and admit he blew the call.  Simply say "I anticipated" or "I thought I saw!"  Instead, nada.  Not a word and we are left to wonder. 

Nor will the Big 10 office make him speak up.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

At least Copeland's T in the Purdue game you could kinda see; this one was just uncalled for, like the ref anticipated something that didn't actually happen.

4 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

And it was the ref under the bucket that called the tech........ more so, I think it's clear by now that JPJ has a bit of a rep for trash talkin' & that ref doesn't like it.

I think the Ref is following the 'Dan Rather' Standard:   It Could have happened; Ergo It Must have happened; Therefore It DID happen!

7 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

It was a very fast T, too.  Ref didn't spend any time even thinking about it.  Palmer dunks, looks in the direction of the guy he posterized, and the ref instantly T'd him.  That was clear in the replay they showed in the arena.  (They replayed it half a dozen times at least, from various angles.) Showed the ref making a "T" immediately after the dunk as soon as Palmer sort of angled his head back in the direction of the guy he dunked on.

At least Copeland's T in the Purdue game you could kinda see; this one was just uncalled for, like the ref anticipated something that didn't actually happen.

Also, for those who watched on TV, how much less contact was involved in the "steals" they were getting in their press versus the ticky-tack fouls called on Glynn and Isaiah?

One other official call I forgot to complain about:  The 10 second violation in the 2nd half.  When the clock operator STOPPED the clock AFTER the ref whistled the violation, the shot clock showed 20 seconds.  Do the math for me.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

One other official call I forgot to complain about:  The 10 second violation in the 2nd half.  When the clock operator STOPPED the clock AFTER the ref whistled the violation, the shot clock showed 20 seconds.  Do the math for me.

I thought that was a good call watching on TV Norm.  I about used my outside voice trying to get Taylor to hurry up, but I have a small quotient of turretesque outbursts I am allowed while watching a game before MrsCH gives me the looks and muzzles me.

12 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I thought that was a good call watching on TV Norm.  I about used my outside voice trying to get Taylor to hurry up, but I have a small quotient of turretesque outbursts I am allowed while watching a game before MrsCH gives me the looks and muzzles me.

Did you see the shot clock?  Just curious if it was shown on the TV.

Human reaction time starts with the point of perception and moves through mental processing time to physical movement time and mechanical/device response time.

So, it takes time for the official to decide to blow the whistle, then to raise his hand and blow it and then for the clock operator to realize the official raised his hand and blew his whistle, then react to the official raising and blowing, and then for the device itself to respond to the clock operator stopping the clock.  This all takes some amount of time; it does not happen instantly.

The shot clock itself starts at :30 but as soon as the clock is started, it switches to :29 for exactly a second.  If they had 10ths of a sec showing up, the clock would turn from 30 to 29.9 the moment the shot clock is started.  So, if the clock still shows 20, that means there are at LEAST 20 seconds remaining on the clock and possibly as much as 20.9 seconds remaining.  Which means less than 10 seconds ran off the clock as of the moment the infraction was registered on the clock.

And, of course, because it took some amount of time (normal human reaction time would suggest around half a second between the official and the clock operator) for the call to go from the official's decision to call the infraction through to the point where it shows up on the clock, well, let's just say PSU received a gift on that one.  Just like the 2 points from the technical foul on Palmer.

14 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

The shot clock itself starts at :30 but as soon as the clock is started, it switches to :29 for exactly a second.  If they had 10ths of a sec showing up, the clock would turn from 30 to 29.9 the moment the shot clock is started.  So, if the clock still shows 20, that means there are at LEAST 20 seconds remaining on the clock and possibly as much as 20.9 seconds remaining.  Which means less than 10 seconds ran off the clock as of the moment the infraction was registered on the clock.

Norm, are you sure about this? I thought it stayed on :30 for one second before switching to :29. Because, when the shot clocks hit 0 and blows the horn, it's when it hit's 0.0 for a full 30 seconds, not 0.9.

18 hours ago, NUtball said:

I saw the same replay.

2 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Norm, are you sure about this? I thought it stayed on :30 for one second before switching to :29. Because, when the shot clocks hit 0 and blows the horn, it's when it hit's 0.0 for a full 30 seconds, not 0.9.

I thought it was synced with the game clock so that they hit zero the same way.  Perhaps you're right.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I saw the same replay.

Thanks.  I know what I saw and like I said, I wasn't inebriated.

Do you remember when it was?  Was it later on in the game during a timeout maybe?  I seem to recall 3 or 4 replays from different cameras shown in fairly quick succession, but I didn't see that in the BTN2Go game replay for several minutes after the play.  There was one under the basket replay on the BTN2Go recording, but either the video quality of the recording or the fact that I viewed on a tablet made it impossible see the mouth action of JPJ saying something that was obvious on the TV broadcast.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

I did not. I remeber it being in the multiple replay sequence you mentioned. And it was called by the ref across the court so even if he did say something its highly suspect that ref would have been able to hear. It definitely was a BS call. 

This with the crowd noise no way he heard what was said, IF anything was said.