For those with local radio

colhusker

32 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I have no flippin clue how or why a technical was called.  The "referee" who called it was on the backside, and I thought he called it on our bench.  But everyone around me said it was on James, but the replay showed nothing...no stare down, no verbiage, NOTHING.  WTH!!!!

Just a guess, but I figured Palmer said something to the player after the basket.

I was listening to Husker radio online.  The Huskers announcers were baffled.   They watched it over a couple times and said he got the T for a look.  All he did was look at his opponent and  was hit a T.     

I watched the game soon afterward and came to the same conclusion.  

Completely bogus.   

Nebrasketball doesn't get much respect in B1G circles, the Huskers will be the Jr. members for a long, long time. It's rather ridiculous that JPJ & Cope, for that matter, have been given tech's for looking in a general direction. Beyond lame by Big Ten refs.

Edited by AuroranHusker

15 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Nebrasketball doesn't get much respect in B1G circles, the Huskers will be the Jr. members for a long, long time. It's rather ridiculous that JPJ & Cope, for that matter, have been given tech's for looking in a general direction. Beyond lame by Big Ten refs.

Watched a video of a kid getting T'ed up for a similar offense to Palmer today.  TV guy went nuts complaining that the officials went overboard with the T.  Today was the same thing.

It was a very fast T, too.  Ref didn't spend any time even thinking about it.  Palmer dunks, looks in the direction of the guy he posterized, and the ref instantly T'd him.  That was clear in the replay they showed in the arena.  (They replayed it half a dozen times at least, from various angles.) Showed the ref making a "T" immediately after the dunk as soon as Palmer sort of angled his head back in the direction of the guy he dunked on.

At least Copeland's T in the Purdue game you could kinda see; this one was just uncalled for, like the ref anticipated something that didn't actually happen.

Also, for those who watched on TV, how much less contact was involved in the "steals" they were getting in their press versus the ticky-tack fouls called on Glynn and Isaiah?

9 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, I saw that recently. Wasn't that Louisiana Tech or something?!

If that's the game I'm thinking of, it was an even worse call because the kid fouled out on the phantom technical.  He got ejected from the game for dunking in the open court with no one around.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

It was a very fast T, too.  Ref didn't spend any time even thinking about it.  Palmer dunks, looks in the direction of the guy he posterized, and the ref instantly T'd him.  That was clear in the replay they showed in the arena.  (They replayed it half a dozen times at least, from various angles.) Showed the ref making a "T" immediately after the dunk as soon as Palmer sort of angled his head back in the direction of the guy he dunked on.

At least Copeland's T in the Purdue game you could kinda see; this one was just uncalled for, like the ref anticipated something that didn't actually happen.

Also, for those who watched on TV, how much less contact was involved in the "steals" they were getting in their press versus the ticky-tack fouls called on Glynn and Isaiah?

Norm there were a couple times yesterday a mugging would occur and no whistle and then a ticky tack call gets made.  How do kids know what is legal and illegal anymore?  Hell then you toss in a phantom technical foul or two and there you have it.

This is why officials should be accountable/available for post-game interviews.  What did he see, and why did he make the technical call?  I would have a heck of a lot more respect for the official if he came out and admit he blew the call.  Simply say "I anticipated" or "I thought I saw!"  Instead, nada.  Not a word and we are left to wonder. 

37 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

DW-IJusU0AE8pzX.jpg:large

I don't know where else Palmer is supposed to look.  Maybe shield his eyes coming up the court?

And it was the ref under the bucket that called the tech........ more so, I think it's clear by now that JPJ has a bit of a rep for trash talkin' & that ref doesn't like it.