Penn St (19-11) at Nebraska (21-9) Game Thread

tcp

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

What is being said over on the PSU board?

A little bit of bickering between eachother about who to blame this on.  Instead of Nebraska being that good, we have to blame it on someone.

Other Big 10 boards don't think highly of NU either.  A few Michigan posters said they can't wait to kick our ***.  Also that their 13-5 is so much better than our 13-5.  Also that they are clearly the better team??

"What a tremendous season for the Huskers." — Dave Revsine

"They really look like a tournament team." — Mike DeCoursey

"They have a lot of work to do to get into the tournament." — Those same guys.

Couldn't be more frustrating.

Women's team is No. 3 seed after 11-5 conference season. 

Men's team is No. 4 seed after 13-5 conference season.

Both "need to make a run" in the tournament to be considered for the NCAA.

What is this? The WAC?

5 minutes ago, jayschool said:

What is this? The WAC?

That's my point, we need the Big 10 coaches talking conference up and our own Network guys.

16 minutes ago, jayschool said:

What is this? The WAC?

Was thinking about this earlier. The argument of a weak conference doesn’t apply to the women because they are in the 3rd ranked RPI conference. Couple of stinker losses against power 5 schools in non con and some home losses but it’s like the tournament teams are decided in January.  What if you were to go 0-13 in non con ACC and then go undefeated in conference. Think that makes you a quality team.  I just don’t get it regarding our women. A win Friday by the men will make me sleep soundly on the weekend.  Without it I think we are less than 50% chance. The bubble has not been kind to us the last two weekends. 

Our section was up all game...can't say the same about all the sections.  I wanted a double digit win...and we got it.  The game was NEVER in doubt.  Folks, we are in the dance.  I have no doubt in my mind.  Others can look to the so called experts for their quack of an opinion, but we are IN.

Just now, huskercwg said:

Our section was up all game...can't say the same about all the sections.  I wanted a double digit win...and we got it.  The game was NEVER in doubt.  Folks, we are in the dance.  I have no doubt in my mind.  Others can look to the so called experts for their quack of an opinion, but we are IN.

I agree.  I think we clinched the play in game tonight.  A chance to clinch a bye on Friday.

43 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

A little bit of bickering between eachother about who to blame this on.  Instead of Nebraska being that good, we have to blame it on someone.

Other Big 10 boards don't think highly of NU either.  A few Michigan posters said they can't wait to kick our ***.  Also that their 13-5 is so much better than our 13-5.  Also that they are clearly the better team??

Yeah, bias will always reign King.  I get it. But that kind of rhetoric is disgusting and holds ZERO logic. Huh  I guess they still hate the newcomers. Or sports fans are just that way, which carries weight for me.  

Cant wait to show them who's boss. And even then they'll have some delusional crap to say. That's just to be expected. Gotta just go out and win it, whether it ever convinces them or not. We can't care what they think. 

3 hours ago, Wolv77 said:

Oh, YEAH! Almost forgot about that old hag. I say, if you (or your kids, unfortunately) don't like standing, loud noises, and cheering, then maybe sports and nebrasketball isn't for you. Just stay home. Same goes for bad fans. 

Sometimes I find it nice to just go and cheer. We can all be armchair quarterbacks and coaches when we are at home. In general Nebraska athletics puts out competitive teams with competent coaches so when I get to attend the few games  a year (in all sports) that I can... it’s fun to be a cheerleader. Wish I would have sacked up and driven to Lincoln today.  What a great atmosphere.  For those of you that got to go to this game and stood the entire game and cheered at every happy moment, groaned at every close to 50/50 questionable call and at our lack of press break awareness, and oohed and awed at Carr’s shot making ability I am truly jealous. 

Its hard not to judge but there are always going to be people in the stands that wished they would have been left at the mall to shop for five hours than would rather deal with the traffic and crowd (sorry mom ?)