Indiana (16-12) vs. Nebraska (20-9) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, nustudent said:

But saying you play the whole year goes both ways.   If you play the whole year for a reason...then why do you favor a team that got hot at the end and wasnt good at the beginning?  If you play the whole year for a reason...then doesn't the comprehensive resume tell the most accurate picture.

I think we'd beat and are better than MIssouri.   But overall for the year...they have a better resume.

They also to Illinois.  Their best OOC win was at UCF.  All their other Q1 and Q2 wins were in conference.

19 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Ah....forgot you are seeding the bracket

Nope what happens happens why worry about something that you can't control, and this is the game thread for Indaina and Nebraska. not about cselection committe shit.

Edited by Bugeaters1

7 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Nope what happens happens why worry about something that you can't control, and this is the game thread for Indaina and Nebraska. not about cselection comitte shit.

What you don't understand @Bugeaters1 is everything always has to be about @nustudent all the time.  Once you come to that realization everything will come into perfect focus.

5 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I added this up twice because I didn't believe it the first time.  Even when Jordy "turned it on" last year he never had anything close to this sort of stretch though 22 shots in 6 games isn't a lot.

Also, before "The Break": 24-63 (38.1%)

After "The Break" 19-28 (67.9%)

Jordy was in beast mode tonight grabbing 9 boards, but he didn't fare as well from the field. He was 2 for 9. So, he's now 45 for 100 on the season.

21 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Jordy was in beast mode tonight grabbing 9 boards, but he didn't fare as well from the field. He was 2 for 9. So, he's now 45 for 100 on the season.

If he could figure out how to make bunnies, or just go up stronger so that when he gets fouled the refs call it he would be an awesome asset.  

17 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

If he could figure out how to make bunnies, or just go up stronger so that when he gets fouled the refs call it he would be an awesome asset.  

Jordy needs to work on his body strength-wise. Perhaps that pre-season knee surgery thwarted his development..... still loved his heart & hustle out there tonight !!!

10 hours ago, big red22 said:

13-5 > 7-11

That is the problem... SEC is not 6 games better than the BIG 10

I agree...but with the unbalanced schedule I don't think that will matter to the committee.  Looks a A&M...they could very well finish 7-11 in the SEC but that schedule will consist of playing only 2 +100 RPI teams.  Our schedule on the other hand...we will have played 11 +100 RPI teams in conference.  People will say Nebraska fattened their record on easy opponents yada yada yada but in reality, the Big 10 screwed us this year.  I can't blame Miles or the team for that.  Most years if we finish 13-5 our metrics will say we are a 4/5 seed.  This year, the Big Ten is so down it very well could be a nail in our coffin if we don't beat PSU/Mich in the next two games. 

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I agree...but with the unbalanced schedule I don't think that will matter to the committee.  Looks a A&M...they could very well finish 7-11 in the SEC but that schedule will consist of playing only 2 +100 RPI teams.  Our schedule on the other hand...we will have played 11 +100 RPI teams in conference.  People will say Nebraska fattened their record on easy opponents yada yada yada but in reality, the Big 10 screwed us this year.  I can't blame Miles or the team for that.  Most years if we finish 13-5 our metrics will say we are a 4/5 seed.  This year, the Big Ten is so down it very well could be a nail in our coffin if we don't beat PSU/Mich in the next two games. 

Remember you also have to take into account that is just RPI... Kenpom tells a different story

5 minutes ago, big red22 said:

Remember you also have to take into account that is just RPI... Kenpom tells a different story

True, but that doesn't necessarily help our case.  Atleast...in terms of comparing our resume to A&M.  A&M average metric score is 20+ spots better than ours right now.  We can hang our hate on SOR which in the past has been very important....outside of that, every other metric has us on the outside looking in right now. 

12 hours ago, hskr4life said:

21 wins.  21.  How many had that before the season started?  12 conference wins... 12.  How manhood that before the season started?

And here we are complaining because we didn't win "good enough."

I love this team man.

Yeah, I had NU at 18 wins with 9 in conference. I thought that would be meeting my expectations for a team coming together. Cope being eligible right away certainly helped them gel quicker. With how the team has performed throughout the season, I think this 20+ wins should be considered all gravy at this point. GBR!