Penn St. pregame chatter

Bugeaters1

On one of the boards that PSU has, There must be some talk of her being on the hot seat. One guy is defending her in how hard of a schdule they played this year.

Overall RPI
1/22/2018: 79
1/23/2018: 78

Wins:
49 vs. Drexel (14-5)
75 vs. Fordham (15-5)
103 vs. Wake Forest (10-10)
157 at Pittsburgh (9-11)
178 at Providence (8-11)
202 vs. Siena (9-10)
227 vs. Manhattan (7-11)
316 vs. CCSU (2-15)
328 at Marshall (6-12)

Losses:
67 at American (15-4)
68 vs.* Kansas State (11-8)
195 vs.* LA Tech (12-7)
233 at St. Bonaventure (7-13)

Edited by Bugeaters1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

I have nothing at the moment but thought I would start this thread. in looking at there schdule PSU is coming off an 8 day break. it seems we are catching a lot of the teams bye week the last 3 weeks or so.

My jaundiced perspective says we get a little more than our fair share of those scenarios.

like matt was saying about senior nights------------for the seniors it either seems to go big for the home team, or turns into a clunker. no doubt it will be on their mind, but, coach and staff got to get'em focused on getting that win. guess fans would love to see huskers put this one away early, but, just get a win------no matter how.

i have only seen a couple of psu's games (earlier in the season).....i remember they played pretty well---a little better than i expected, but, they faded in the 4th quarter. i was looking at BigTen's team stats and psu is not very high in majority of categories. hopefully, husker defense can keep tania page in check. keep her from pulling a "buss" or "flaherty" on the huskers. the other gal might be able to cause the huskers some problems 6' 2" soph Travascio-Green. i thought the uconn transfer (Boykin) would be a huge boost for psu, and, she has done a nice job rebounding, but, not the impact i had expected. i just recently came across an article that mentioned her achilles injury she suffered her senior year of high school. very well may be why she transferred from uconn. 

don't think anyone will argue husker play has been on a bit of a downslide. hope fans see things pick up tonight and against maryland. would hate to go into BTT on a tough note.

I'm not sure I'd call losses to #10 Maryland and Senior Night @ Indiana when Tyra Buss is having the game of her life:Hair Fire:"a bit of a downslide" though. :wink:

I Am sure Coach Amy, et al, will have the Ladies 'UP' for Penn State after 5 days off.  It sure would be nice to beat Maryland in the re-match even though it is at their house.   :nod:

29 minutes ago, Red Don said:

I'm not sure I'd call losses to #10 Maryland and Senior Night @ Indiana when Tyra Buss is having the game of her life:Hair Fire:"a bit of a downslide" though. :wink:

I Am sure Coach Amy, et al, will have the Ladies 'UP' for Penn State after 5 days off.  It sure would be nice to beat Maryland in the re-match even though it is at their house.   :nod:

imo, huskers have not really played all that well of late. it can go back a couple weeks, really. much of it may be opponent preparation once they accepted nebraska was not a pushover anymore.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

29 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

imo, huskers have not really played all that well of late. it can go back a couple weeks, really. much of it may be opponent preparation once they accepted nebraska was not a pushover anymore.

Could Be!  Matt did say during the game they seemed a step slow and opined they could be a little tired from playing 3 games (2 road) in 6 days.  We'll see after five days off.  Hope PSU proves to be a warm-up for the Maryland game (now that they've shown they can be beaten).  -_-