Now What?

ATupe

I like this being mad, sad, just having a feeling this late in a season.

Soooooo much better than the last Two/Three years? 

Remember last year at this time?  How did you feel about aloss this late in the season?

Edited by Silverbacked1

5 hours ago, ATupe said:

No, actually I told many of my friends at the beginning of the season that Miles had to make the tourney this year.  It's been long enough guys.  Complacency is not the way to progress, I've always preached that to those around me.  We had a golden opportunity to win a winnable game, and didn't do it.  Call it what it is, a severely damaging loss that a great team doesn't lose.  Now, the only way out to a season we all should expect is to win our next 4 and slip into the dance.  It's not like we're expecting a 4 seed here, we'd be happy to slip in as team #68.

You crazy man?

was it miles throwing bricks at the backboard from 3 point land? No thats gill

was it miles taking hard shot after hard shot when he’s been struggling all year? No that was Watson

miles can’t shoot free throws n rebound for the guys either.

at times miles can frustrate you don’t get me wrong but he switched up defenses like a champ today n there was open shots all over the place out there.  

20+ wins is a successful season, an NIT berth would be a successful season, oodles of possible talent coming back is a successful season. 

But boy o boy today was a frustrating afternoon yelling at my TV 

6 hours ago, ATupe said:

No, actually I told many of my friends at the beginning of the season that Miles had to make the tourney this year.  It's been long enough guys.  Complacency is not the way to progress, I've always preached that to those around me.  We had a golden opportunity to win a winnable game, and didn't do it.  Call it what it is, a severely damaging loss that a great team doesn't lose.  Now, the only way out to a season we all should expect is to win our next 4 and slip into the dance.  It's not like we're expecting a 4 seed here, we'd be happy to slip in as team #68.

Long enough? How long have you been a Husker basketball fan? 

Platitudes are the Sundays of stupidity, things you say to children, put in motivational posters and memes.

This is not a severely damaging loss. This was a conference road loss on their senior night. It happens to the best teams in the nation. 

In the big picture it is our only Q3 loss. 

We get to 23 wins and we will be solidly in, at least according to Bruce Rasmussen, who I imagine knows a thing or two about these things.

15 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Yeah.  Personally... I think there is no 1-1 in the next two.  It’ll go one of two ways.  2-0 or 0-2.

In years previous I would have said the latter.  This year though.  With this team.  I’m calling 2-0.

We need Glynn to come out of his funk.  His shots killed us yesterday, if he continues to put up numbers like 1-9 or 2-12 against a team that is fighting back we could be in trouble.  Glynn needs to take smarter shots, that 3 he took at the 1:09 mark was open, but the way he has been shooting it was definitely not the shot we wanted.

I love Glynn, but this is not the time to be in a funk and right now he is in one the offensive end.

It was a pipe dream to think we could go 9-0 to finish out the B1G season, and it really pisses me off with posts like the original poster in this thread.  He is the type fan that doesn't think, and posts what all of our inner frustrations are.  You know... our negative thoughts that cross our minds, but most of us know not to post.  He is like the 8 year old kid on the plane that says out loud all of our worst fears while we're up in the sky "We're really, really high!... What's that noise?... Why is the plane shaking so much?.... Are we going to crash?... That man talks like a lady!  Will we all die if we crash?"

This is why all along I have been saying we play in the Big 10, so going 14-4 will get us in.  Meaning THIS IS THE ****ING BIG 10 and all the bandwagon idiots that have no clue about basketball need to understand it is VERY hard to win every game in a Power conference.  This loss does not take us out of the equation it just makes it more difficult, and I for one love this team.  I just wish the casual fans would just shut their mouths, and keep following Creighton.

hskr4life - I quoted you in this post because I agree with you, and feel if Glynn comes out of his funk we win out.  The rest of the post was directed at the OP

Edited by big red22

2 minutes ago, big red22 said:

We need Glynn to come out of his funk.  His shots killed us yesterday, if he continues to put up numbers like 1-9 or 2-12 against a team that is fighting back we could be in trouble.  Glynn needs to take smarter shots, that 3 he took at the 1:09 mark was open, but the way he has been shooting it was definitely not the shot we wanted.

I love Glynn, but this is not the time to be in a funk, and he is right now on the offensive end.

It was a pipe dream to think we could go 9-0 to finish out the B1G season, and it really pisses me off with posts like the original poster in this thread.  He is the type fan that doesn't think, and posts what all of our inner frustrations.  He is like the 8 year old kid on the plane that say out loud all of our worst fears while we're up there "We're really, really high!... What's that noise?... Why is the plane shaking so much?.... Are we going to crash?... That man talks like a lady!  Will we all die if we crash?"

This is why all along I have been saying we play in the Big 10, so going 14-4 will get us in.  Meaning THIS IS THE ****ING BIG 10 and all the bandwagon idiots that have no clue about basketball need to understand it is VERY hard to win every game in a Power conference.  This loss does not take us out of the equation it just makes it more difficult, and I for one love this team.  I just wish the casual fans would just shut their mouths, and keep following Creighton

Agree, but Watson needs to stick to high percentage shots right now, or nothing.  It may get him hot so he will be himself. The worst it will do is take out bad shot selection.

46 minutes ago, northwillriseagain said:

Agree, but Watson needs to stick to high percentage shots right now, or nothing.  It may get him hot so he will be himself. The worst it will do is take out bad shot selection.

Hell he can't even make a high percentage shot, he misses layups.

Edited by Bugeaters1

42 minutes ago, 49r said:

I mean, they've got bandwagon jumper issues of their own to contend with right now so...

...at least I would assume so.  I guess I don't pay any attention at all.  Maybe Nebrasketball really is unique in the world but probably not.

On 2/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, hskr4life said:

Yeah.  Personally... I think there is no 1-1 in the next two.  It’ll go one of two ways.  2-0 or 0-2.

In years previous I would have said the latter.  This year though.  With this team.  I’m calling 2-0.

Personally I think there is not 0-1, 1-1, or 2-1 at MSG.  I am calling 3-0.

There I said it.  You can thank me later.  :D

On 2/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, Bugeaters1 said:

Hell he can't even make a high percentage shot, he misses layups.

The way I saw him elevate tonight he shouldn’t miss them quit trying to draw contact and finish.  I’d rather have going to the hole strong and get blocked than try to draw a foul and end up with a no call. OfficiAls reward aggression 

Been saying it for a long time now, we SHOULD be in.  That said given they picked us what 14th and we will be dancing after next weekend I will celebrate.  Please understand I want to make the NCAA, really want to make the NCAA.  Feel like if we do, I get to check off to bucket list items as I think we win a game there.  But as others have said, if it ends up NIT, I will cheer and support this team to the end of the season.

Edited by colhusker

10 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Personally I think there is not 0-1, 1-1, or 2-1 at MSG.  I am calling 3-0.

There I said it.  You can thank me later.  :D

Hahha.  Predicting 2-0 wasn’t a difficult task considering we were at PBA!  Without Watkins and the emotion/implications it was a gimme. Don’t think you can fast forward that easily. Whoever says ‘win, rinse, repeat’ has the best way about it.  I would put money on us beating Michigan or Iowa. Would bet a gentlemen’s wager we would beat Illinois. I would not put money on us beating Sparty heads up right now but I really want to see ths game. I do t think we get housed like we did game 1 and have a 1 in 3 chance of beating them. Especially since they haven’t had to pay the piper as they say by coming out and playing like crap against inferior opponents and escaping with a win. If they do that against us we won’t let them back in