Offensive Efficiency

HuskerActuary

Although it's pretty basic, one of my go-to stats to judge offensive efficiency has always been points per field goal attempt. It combines effective field goal percentage with getting to the FT line (and making them).

James Palmer is averaging 1.45 points per field goal attempt. Here is the same metric for our prior scoring leaders:

2017: Tai Webster - 1.21

2016: Shavon Shields - 1.31

2015: Terran Petteway - 1.21

2014: Terran Petteway - 1.36

2013: Dylan Talley - 1.05

2012: Bo Spencer - 1.24

2011: Lance Jeter - 1.37

2010: Ryan Anderson - 1.36

2009: Ade Dagunduro - 1.45

So you have to go back to 2009 to find the last time our scoring leader has matched what James is doing, and Ade did it on only 13 points per game (doing it on 18 points per game is of course more impressive).

Next, Isaiah Roby is averaging 1.63 points per field goal attempt. This is an incredible number to average throughout a season. When I get more time I'll try to go back and find the last time we had a meaningful contributor average this man points per FG attempt throughout a season. I would venture to say that it has been awhile.

6 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Next, Isaiah Roby is averaging 1.63 points per field goal attempt. This is an incredible number to average throughout a season. When I get more time I'll try to go back and find the last time we had a meaningful contributor average this man points per FG attempt throughout a season. I would venture to say that it has been awhile.

Andrew White's number is going to be pretty good