Nebraska vs. Indiana Game Thread

Bugeaters1

10 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

well, it was a fantastic run. unfortunately, it gives anyone who questions if huskers are an ncaa team more fuel for the fire. crap.

Hard to beat a player that goes off for her second most career night. still like our balance had six players in double figures and one with a double double.

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

Hard to beat a player that goes off for her second most career night. still like our balance had six players in double figures and one with a double double.

indy had far too many open looks though----from buss, to cahill, to penn and even the other gal. can't think of her name at the moment.

I want to keep everything in context of what a vastly improved season this has been.  That said, this game was pretty tough to watch (naturally, we were on TV). [Emoticons not coming up for roll eyes]  The defensive strategy obviously failed by a ways, or was just poorly executed.  Too many open looks, esp. for 3, and by the wrong people (Buss, Cahill).  Purdue did win at MD, so you never know.  IU has won 7 in a row for a reason, of course.  Road streak was due to end I suppose.  Keep fighting ladies!  Your turn for senior night this Thursday.  Let's support them however we can.  GBR!!

Edited by mwm89

24 minutes ago, mwm89 said:

Gotta love the Matt hyperboles and similes.  Griesh gets in on it too.

yep............jeff has kinda redeemed himself after jeff made that ridiculous comment earlier in the year. matt seemed rather puzzled and/or dumbfounded at the time. geez, age is catching up quickly-----can't remember which game and what it was about (number of to's i think).

???

1 minute ago, whoopdeedoo said:

yep............jeff has kinda redeemed himself after jeff made that ridiculous comment earlier in the year. matt seemed rather puzzled and/or dumbfounded at the time. geez, age is catching up quickly-----can't remember which game and what it was about (number of to's i think).

???

I guess I missed what Jeff had said earlier in the year.

I agree with mwn89. This was not our best defensive effort. We just didn't have an answer for Buss today. I think some of our early fouls threw off our substitution patterns a little bit. It was also an early start...11am. It's different getting up in the morning and heading to the venue. Our other road games have been in the afternoon/evening. It gives the team a little more time to review game plan and get ready to play. We are still a young team and will learn to adjust. Regardless of wins or losses at this point, I am so proud of this team.  They have fun together and it shows. Coach Amy has done an incredible job building this Family.

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

I guess I missed what Jeff had said earlier in the year.

jeff tried to make a really silly argument on the positive side. geez, can't remember what the deal was. i tried to search some threads on which game it was, but, came up empty. there was a little discussion on the board about his comments. seemed like the more jeff tried to argue his point, the deeper the hole got. :D and some of us scratched our head a little harder.?

1 minute ago, whoopdeedoo said:

jeff tried to make a really silly argument on the positive side. geez, can't remember what the deal was. i tried to search some threads on which game it was, but, came up empty. there was a little discussion on the board about his comments. seemed like the more jeff tried to argue his point, the deeper the hole got. :D and some of us scratched our head a little harder.?

Was it the Iowa game at home, and how it didn't matter that they weren't making FT's?