College hoops corruption case

Bugeaters1

I don’t know jack squat, but I believe that dear old NU really tries to run a clean program and do things right.  I’m sure “things” still go on as you can’t stop everything.   All that to say, I sure hope we come out clean in this big deal we’re discussing in this thread.

Am I the only one that feels like all this FBI stuff amounts to nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?  Sure, maybe lots of coaches lose their jobs, maybe some could even face time in prison.  But will it *really* do anything to change the pecking order in the hoops world?  Or in any way clean up the shady dealing that has been with college hoops since the beginning?

2 minutes ago, 49r said:

Am I the only one that feels like all this FBI stuff amounts to nothing more than rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?  Sure, maybe lots of coaches lose their jobs, maybe some could even face time in prison.  But will it *really* do anything to change the pecking order in the hoops world?  Or in any way clean up the shady dealing that has been with college hoops since the beginning?

There's a difference between "knowing" a program is dirty and *knowing* a program is dirty.

But aside from that, we've known Louisville was a garbage dumpster and it hasn't affected them that much. Sure, they've had some games taken away from them, but those $M's they're rolling in more than support the university and build up other things like their football program.

12 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

There's a difference between "knowing" a program is dirty and *knowing* a program is dirty.

But aside from that, we've known Louisville was a garbage dumpster and it hasn't affected them that much. Sure, they've had some games taken away from them, but those $M's they're rolling in more than support the university and build up other things like their football program.

Louisville's rise to a big-time league is kind of a big sham, built on fraudulent behavior.

22 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

To me it looks like the worst thing that could happen to Creighton, based on the information available, is Patton accepted a meal that was over $200 from the agent and he, consequently, would have to vacate any records he broke or rewards he earned last year. I'm sure he's devastated....

The other shoe has dropped with several more schools and specific players names released in Pat Forde’s report.   The corruption of AAU Coaces, Agents and the Shoe Companies is the slimy underbelly of  College Basketball.  

My oversimplistic remedy, not a cure, is to require three years attendance at the institution a player (not student-athlete) chooses to represent.  Let the players that are talented enough, and those that think they are talented enough, go professional immediately after high school.  These institutions of higher learning? must recognize the academic fraud that is being perpetrated.   This will continue under the three year stint but the collective smell might not be as atrocious.