99% Chance Our Name is Called if We Win out

On 2/15/2018 at 7:56 AM, huskerbaseball13 said:

Win out in the regular season that is.  That's according to March Boehm who said he spoke with a member of the NCAA selection committee.  Two wins puts us at a 72% chance.  Those numbers seem to be pretty generous...especially the two wins portion but if true we are very good position despite what other outsiders may claim.

So going back to this statement - according to Marc Boehm per.... OWH?  LJS?  Directly from his mouth to your ear?  Where did this come from anyway?

1 hour ago, HuskerCager said:

So going back to this statement - according to Marc Boehm per.... OWH?  LJS?  Directly from his mouth to your ear?  Where did this come from anyway?

http://kwbe.com/huskers-news/with-scott-frost-as-coach-matt-davison-says-nebraska-will-have-team-fans-can-be-proud-of/

Chamber of Commerce Luncheon in Lincoln 

maybe some of us are taking this 72% thing a  bit too literally and seriously? Would it have been better if he just rounded it to the universally understandable 75%? 

My takeaway is, "hey, win and they have a great chance to go!" which is basically stating the obvious anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reading today's print edition :) of the OWH, Barfknecht wrote:

"Marc Boehm, Nebraska's basketball administrator, recently said at a luncheon that he talked to NCAA selection committee members and cited specific percentage odds for NU to get in with certain records.

That claim was debunked by multiple sources in the following days, with no one on or near the committee saying there was any way to project a team's likelihood to get in.  When asked Sunday if he had updated NCAA tourney information to share with the fans, Boehm said, "No, not at this time.""

42 minutes ago, big red22 said:

I think this needs to be bumped.  So right now we have a 72% chance.  Winning against Michigan makes us a shoe in IMO

Unfortunately, I think Marc Boehm probably underestimated just how in tuned the fan base was to the bubble/selection talk.  If I had to guess, he just pulled that number from the ESPN BPI projections and rolled with it.   

14 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Unfortunately, I think Marc Boehm probably underestimated just how in tuned the fan base was to the bubble/selection talk.  If I had to guess, he just pulled that number from the ESPN BPI projections and rolled with it.   

Agreed. Add it to the list of bonehead moves made by Marc Boehm.