No Sit Sunday x Duce

Bugeaters1

9 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I am a natural stander.  I am a pacer.  I stand when I get nervous or am amped up.  It's just who I am.  It drives my wife nuts because I will be standing and jumping up and down in our living room when watching games on TV.    I am actually on the opposite end of sitting... I hate to sit.  Can't stand it.  (No pun intended).  I recognize that most don't like to stand and try to sit when I can.  But I will say, that's just who I am as a person and it is tough for me to sit.

**EDIT**

I also did stand the entire no sit Sunday game.... in my living room.

Cheers! I'm sort of the same. Although it was maximum feelsbadman at the maryland game where I was way up in 300 and when I would stand my big 6'1" frame would almost completely block the view of some really excited kids sitting behind me.

That all said, nothing will stop me from standing as much as I can on no sit sunday. it worked fairly well last time, and besides that, its just fun. I've never understood (except for old age) why people come to a sports event and can't stand standing (pun intended).... :mellow::lol: I MEAN, isn't that the point? to enjoy the sports being played and get into it??? We need to cultivate more serious nebrasketball heads and less casual/fair weather ones. I'd say its going fairly well tho.

This could chane between now and the PSU game, but I still think the Wisconsin game was/will be bigger. It'd been 16 years since anything like that had been on the table for the team. For NU, EVERYTHING was on the line. It was basically win-and-you're-in. There had NEVER been a game like that in program history, certainly not at home. I think it's gonna be bonkers for the PSU game and, there may very well be more on the line for both teams than the NU/Wisconsin game had, but I don't think it'll top NSS.

14 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

This could chane between now and the PSU game, but I still think the Wisconsin game was/will be bigger. It'd been 16 years since anything like that had been on the table for the team. For NU, EVERYTHING was on the line. It was basically win-and-you're-in. There had NEVER been a game like that in program history, certainly not at home. I think it's gonna be bonkers for the PSU game and, there may very well be more on the line for both teams than the NU/Wisconsin game had, but I don't think it'll top NSS.

Agreed.  Started drawing the comparison a few weeks ago when I had a feeling of where things could be going.  Even as it's all materializing now, I can't objectively say that this one could rival the other.

11 hours ago, rwmctrofholz said:

Agreed.  Started drawing the comparison a few weeks ago when I had a feeling of where things could be going.  Even as it's all materializing now, I can't objectively say that this one could rival the other.

Penn State still has to play @ Purdue and home against Michigan before they come to Lincoln.  If they lose both of them, it will take a lot of the shine off "No Sit Sunday II"

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Penn State still has to play @ Purdue and home against Michigan before they come to Lincoln.  If they lose both of them, it will take a lot of the shine off "No Sit Sunday II"

Not necessarily. NSS2 can still be a celebration of this season and the pursuit of what's still in front of this team.

The KU game was a big game, and the crowd was hyped.  The atmosphere was great.  I am not big in comparing it to any other game, but I liked the outcome of the no-sit Wisconsin game much more.  When that game was over the atmosphere was like a fog, it lingered over the arena, the haymarket and surrounding space for quite some time.