No Sit Sunday x Duce

Bugeaters1

I was planning on a no-sit game as well, but I am not sure the administration needs to point the fans that direction, we only need the administration to support the fans, not admonish us for doing it. 

Hmm, is that an overly critical point of view???

Please NO!!!!  You can't duplicate No Sit Sunday.  That was the perfect storm and for certain punched our ticket and it was against a Top 10 team.  It doesn't have the same appeal when you are playing an un-ranked Penn State team.  Don't force the issue.  It will happen naturally when the time is right and this isn't the right place or time.

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I actually think the game against Penn State will be bigger than the Wisconsin.  It could end up being a play-in for the play-in. 

Completely agree.  This team has the look that they can accomplish very special things that has never been done by any Nebrasketball team before it.  And, if you believe they need to get to 23 wins to go dancing, this may be one of the more important regular season games I can recall since the Nee teams as a loss could make getting to the dance and then doing damage in the dance very, very difficult.  My bottom line is that a win against Penn St. (and assuming we take care of Illinois/Indiana) likely gives this team the opportunity to validate what most of us believe - this team can win games in the tournament and stamp itself as the best Nebrasketball team ever.

33 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

Please NO!!!!  You can't duplicate No Sit Sunday.  That was the perfect storm and for certain punched our ticket and it was against a Top 10 team.  It doesn't have the same appeal when you are playing an un-ranked Penn State team.  Don't force the issue.  It will happen naturally when the time is right and this isn't the right place or time.

I wouldn't look at it in this way. I don't think we do this unless we still haven't lost going into that game. You have to think that winning game number 23 will get us in.

Also, there is a chance if Penn St can figure out how to win two of their next 3 they will also be playing their way into the tournament.

8 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I wouldn't look at it in this way. I don't think we do this unless we still haven't lost going into that game. You have to think that winning game number 23 will get us in.

Also, there is a chance if Penn St can figure out how to win two of their next 3 they will also be playing their way into the tournament.

Man if that happens... I don’t know where we’re at in the recruiting cycle, but I’d be bringing everyone in I could (basketball, football, whatever). That’s an atmosphere they won’t see many other places. 

Not to be a downer, but it is important to remember that not all who attend will be able to remain standing without physical discomfort. Be tolerant of someone behind you who has small children, is elderly, or has a physical handicap which makes standing uncomfortable. Let's make the game something to be enjoyed and not an endurance test. And let's win our next two before announcing this as an official policy!

I have to say I'm not a big fan of this. I was considering bringing my wife to the game. She doesn't attend more than about one game per season due to disability, if we're doing this then she won't be able to attend and we're not blue hairs either. I will still attend but I'm not a big fan of standing for an entire game either though I'm perfectly able to do it.

I have never understood standing at an athletic event when seats are available....For great plays, sure...but the entire game...

if you can only cheer loud while standing, you are doing it wrong.

I physically can stand...i am about 6 feet tall, so I usually can see what I need, but I know when I have taken my daughter to a game where everyone stands (she is 5 feet 7), she often can't see the game, because she is shorter than those in front of us.

When I am at games where you may have to stand because others are standing in front of us, I try to only stand when I can't see otherwise....To me, it is impolite to those behind you, to stand....

I just don't get it. 

I am a natural stander.  I am a pacer.  I stand when I get nervous or am amped up.  It's just who I am.  It drives my wife nuts because I will be standing and jumping up and down in our living room when watching games on TV.    I am actually on the opposite end of sitting... I hate to sit.  Can't stand it.  (No pun intended).  I recognize that most don't like to stand and try to sit when I can.  But I will say, that's just who I am as a person and it is tough for me to sit.

**EDIT**

I also did stand the entire no sit Sunday game.... in my living room.

Edited by hskr4life

14 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I have never understood standing at an athletic event when seats are available....For great plays, sure...but the entire game...

if you can only cheer loud while standing, you are doing it wrong.

I physically can stand...i am about 6 feet tall, so I usually can see what I need, but I know when I have taken my daughter to a game where everyone stands (she is 5 feet 7), she often can't see the game, because she is shorter than those in front of us.

When I am at games where you may have to stand because others are standing in front of us, I try to only stand when I can't see otherwise....To me, it is impolite to those behind you, to stand....

I just don't get it. 

You would reeeeaaaaally hate watching soccer live.

Jack Mitchell ( klin ) said this morning that the original No Sit Sunday genesised when Chris Harriman was on his morning show one day leading up to the game and mentioned something.  It wasn’t clear if it was a specific idea or he said something almost in passing.  According to Jack this morning, the idea got legs from there and turned into what it was.  Anyone remember it that way ?

8 minutes ago, lang said:

Jack Mitchell ( klin ) said this morning that the original No Sit Sunday genesised when Chris Harriman was on his morning show one day leading up to the game and mentioned something.  It wasn’t clear if it was a specific idea or he said something almost in passing.  According to Jack this morning, the idea got legs from there and turned into what it was.  Anyone remember it that way ?

Enjoy.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/no-sit-sunday-at-pinnacle-bank-arena/article_50398e5c-a556-11e3-b586-0019bb2963f4.html

22 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I think it helps if the administration takes the lead by giving fans permission to stand all game.  Otherwise it's generally considered rude to be standing for any length of time.

I can understand how those with physical limitations would be less than excited for this arrangement.  Hopefully ticket neighbors watch out for each other next time this happens so it's an enjoyable experience for everyone.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

If I remember right someone on the staff referred to it unofficially as "No Shit Sunday"

I always heard the story told by Coach Miles - and it goes like this:  The team had just beat Indiana and during the plane ride back to Lincoln Coach Harry or Coach Smith said something to Tim along the lines of the game against Wisconsin is going to be real important or something, to which Coach Miles replied "No Shit!"  And it kind of evolved from there...

On 2/14/2018 at 9:46 PM, hhcdimes said:

Is it simply the magic of the Vault (or happenstance) that every final home game of a tournament season is a huge, win or go home kind of game? first in 2014 with the win over wisconsin stamping our ticket (and putting an exclamation point on a great season) to the tournament, and now this year with win 23 stamping that ticket once again, perhaps? all the pundits seem to think so! :D