Nebraska vs. Michigan State Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Missed the game last night..had to do a Chili dinner thing at Church. Chili and corn bread was good!

Watched the replay on B1G plus...the shooting came back...over 50%, to Mich St's about 40%. Boy did the 3's come raining down in Mich. Our guards got free and drilled them....several Huskers was in on the act.  Hannah for president again ! Nicea played one of the top games of the her career with 17 pts.

The announcer said at one point....something like Mich St is hanging in there for the underdog. So now we're seen as one of the best teams in the league. :D We kind of ran rings around them...our quickness overall was back too. Much better flow offensively.  Dominated the boards 40-25 against one of the B1G's best rebounding teams. 

Something about road games??  Will serve us well when we get in which ever tourney we get in ...pretty soon really.

Looked like we are back.  Great...obviously we'll need it for the last stretch in Feb. Mich St was a big hurdle......now Indiana, Penn St, and Maryland. 

Can we call this our own little miracle season now ?.....unbelievably better than possibly imagined by this HHC poster....Far surpassed expectations. Just winning the next couple of games to 20 wins or so, is far more than could have been predicted this year.  (especially after only winning 7 games last year) Have to give Coach Amy the B1G award to Coach.... and the "miracle" roster a medal of some kind. 

Think about this....Maybe Eichorst hired the women's basketball version of Coach Frost. :D:):P

Edited by redsteve

56 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Missed the game last night..had to do a Chili dinner thing at Church. Chili and corn bread was good!

Watched the replay on B1G plus...the shooting came back...over 50%, to Mich St's about 40%. Buy did the 3's come raining down in Mich. Our guards got free and drilled them....several Huskers was in on the act.  Hannah for president again ! Nicea  played one of the top games of her career with 17 points

The announcer said at one paint....something like Mich St is hanging in there for the underdog. So now we're seen as one of the best teams in the league. :D We kind of ran rings around them...our quickness overall was back too. Much better flow offensively.   Dominatied the boards 40-25 against one of the Big Ten's best rebounding teams. 

Something about road games??  Will serve us well when we get in which ever tourney we get in ...pretty soon really.

Looked like we are back.  Great...obviously we'll need it for the last stretch in Feb. Mich St was a big hurdle......now Indiana, Penn St, and Maryland. 

Can we call this our own little miracle season now ?.....unbelievably better than possibly imagined by this HHC poster....Far surpassed expectations. Just winning the next couple of games to 20 wins or so, is far more than could have been predicted this year.  (especially after only winning 7 games last year) Have to give Coach Amy the B1G award to Coach.... and the "miracle" roster a medal of some kind. 

Think about this....Maybe Eichorst hired the women's basketball version of Coach Frost. :D:):P

Pretty sure Eichorst didn't even know who Amy Williams was until he came to this forum and read about coaches we thought might be good for the Huskers.  And then when he saw she lived in Vermillion, South Dakota, just a few hours away, he realized he wouldn't even need to pay airfare for a visit, so he thought "Sure, no harm in speaking with her".  In other words, I feel in all my heart, he bumbled his way into a good hire.   And, yes, in all my heart, I have no love for Eichorst.

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

cincinnati chili! i found a recipe that stated it was the "original". it was good, but, when i made it again, i tweaked it and made it a little more towards the "tomatoey" side. 

Down south it's called "red" (spaghetti) chili.  Just old style chili (usually no beans), no chopped tomatoes, etc. Add some cheddar cheese and chopped onions toppings,  is good too.

Edited by redsteve

1 hour ago, huskerchode said:

Pretty sure Eichorst didn't even know who Amy Williams was until he came to this forum and read about coaches we thought might be good for the Huskers.  And then when he saw she lived in Vermillion, South Dakota, just a few hours away, he realized he wouldn't even need to pay airfare for a visit, so he thought "Sure, no harm in speaking with her".  In other words, I feel in all my heart, he bumbled his way into a good hire.   And, yes, in all my heart, I have no love for Eichorst

I don't care how or why they got Amy Williams here at Nebraska.  I just love her style, commitment, recruiting, game preparation and just think she is only in her second year here.  If things continue she will not only be Big 10 coach of the year but National coach of the year as well.  

Having watched the game on BTN Plus, listened to the audio and the post game interviews with Matt, and made my way through the posts in this thread, my two cents: 

I agree with everyone touting Coach Williams for post season honors.  Her energy, attitude, enthusiasm, personality, love of Huskers, etc. comes through loud and clear.  The team is in good hands. She inspires (and knows what she is doing).

Regarding the game, I'm still smiling.  I was a bit down on Hannah with the turnovers in the first half, but her shooting made up for them.  Her 2nd half was fantastic. The tone Jasmine set on the boards early was huge.  You can't ask more from a senior leader. Nicea might have had the best total game of her career. Her defense is so reliable. 3 for 3 from long range. I almost think her late free throws made were as important as the long range shots.  Maddie is rock solid. She closed out last year on an upswing, and has been improving ever since. She is taking the ball to the hoop as well as anyone on the team. Taylor has improved game by game.  Not sure how much the knee set her back, but she must have been taking in the lessons regardless. She's been able to shoot from day 1, but seems to be in much more control, on both ends of the court now. She takes care of the ball, plays smart, position defense, looks to pass, crashes boards, and seems to enjoy it all. Kate, what a 2nd half.  Rachel and Darrien gave her plenty of rest in the first half, and it showed. Kate was fresh and took over the paint. Janae has really come on. I too wish she had another year or two.  Bria has also been a spark.  She might handle the ball well enough to take some of the pressure off Hannah. And we've also seen, during the year, how Woody and Grace can contribute.  This was a team victory.

Last year, I wondered why I subscribed to BTN Plus.  This year, best money I've ever spent.  Thanks Huskers.

Edited by 12dozen

Pretty sure Eichorst didn't even know who Amy Williams was until he came to this forum and read about coaches we thought might be good for the Huskers.  And then when he saw she lived in Vermillion, South Dakota, just a few hours away, he realized he wouldn't even need to pay airfare for a visit, so he thought "Sure, no harm in speaking with her".  In other words, I feel in all my heart, he bumbled his way into a good hire.   And, yes, in all my heart, I have no love for Eichorst.
Not many people like the silent one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Red Don said:

I'm Smelling BLOOD!!! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Tenth Consecutive Road Win!    (we'll probably advance what,  maybe 2 places in Sagarin to #52 maybe ?)

:Redface:  OOPS!   I was Wrong (again)!  Sagarin advanced our Ranking to - - -  #54  (from - - - #54)!  :o

5 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

I was not watching closely.  What did Kate do to cause the T.

Just that she was blocking a lot of MSU's shots, that MSU's coach thought should be fouls. And against Iowa well it was Iowa and they BITCH about everything.

Edited by Bugeaters1