uneblinstu's postgame chatter: Vol: 10; ed: 28- Maryland

Huskerpapa

On the post game radio show, Miles told Kent that Kenya made the call/suggestion to get Palmer a quick blow.  Tim said that Kenya thought it would be prudent to get him off his legs for a few minutes so that his legs were a little fresher at the end when shooting free throws to ice it.  I am just really thankful the guys pulled this one out.  if Nebraska would have lost this game, I would not have wanted to hear from the vocal minority how Miles is an awful game manager and how he should be fired for blowing this game and potentially not getting this team to the tourney.
Oh yeah and they would have come out of the wood work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Oh yeah and they would have come out of the wood work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hahaha...I am a huge Coach Miles believer and supporter and I am complaining despite winning.  Yes, there would have been an avalanche of criticism.  One of my sons were talking on the way to the car after the game wondering if Coach Miles would fess up to the mistake...and he did, sorta.  But the fact remains, the timing of certain substitutions are still valid.

15 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

NU didn't have any control on those designs. We'll see if they participate in the adidas postseason unis this year or not. I hope not. I'd like to see them wear their normal stuff during the postseason. Or at least not a variation on the same design 15 other teams will be wearing, too.

I’ve learned there will be no postseason uniforms as there have been the last three. 

From today’s Baltimore Sun:

Nebraska’s fans

Three years ago, when Maryland played at Nebraska for the first time as a member of the Big Ten, the Cornhuskers were on a seven-game losing streak. The game was close to a sellout.

Two years ago, when the Terps came to Nebraska ranked No. 4 in the country and the Cornhuskers were hovering right above .500, the place was packed again.

So it made sense that Tuesday’s game at Pinnacle Bank Arena was a sellout. It’s right up there with basketball hotbeds Purdue, Indiana and Michigan State in terms of atmosphere.

Which means it’s way better than what the Terps will return to Saturday night when they face Big Ten bottom-feeder Rutgers in an 8 p.m. start.

Sad, but true.

6 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

From today’s Baltimore Sun:

Nebraska’s fans

Three years ago, when Maryland played at Nebraska for the first time as a member of the Big Ten, the Cornhuskers were on a seven-game losing streak. The game was close to a sellout.

Two years ago, when the Terps came to Nebraska ranked No. 4 in the country and the Cornhuskers were hovering right above .500, the place was packed again.

So it made sense that Tuesday’s game at Pinnacle Bank Arena was a sellout. It’s right up there with basketball hotbeds Purdue, Indiana and Michigan State in terms of atmosphere.

Which means it’s way better than what the Terps will return to Saturday night when they face Big Ten bottom-feeder Rutgers in an 8 p.m. start.

Sad, but true.

That's actually really high praise.

I am not sure this has been mentioned here, but there was a play in the Maryland game that sort of tells the story of this team.  Mr. Roby was defending on the perimeter and knocked the ball loose and the ball headed to the opposite end line.  Mr. Roby didn't pull up...he didn't jog after the ball...he didn't run and then pull up...Nope, he sprinted after the ball and dove for the ball.  He didn't gain possession, but he did earn a load of respect!  Yes fans, that is Nebraskaball!!!

Edited by huskercwg