Maryland (17-10) vs.Nebraska (19-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

8 hours ago, rr52 said:

I know there is complaining about Palmer being taken out but I saw a replay where JPJ motioned to bench that he needed to sit. He left with 5:16 and guessing Miles wanted to get him back in at under 4 timeout. Unfortunately that next dead ball came with under 3 minutes to go.

We had three time-outs and the under four time-out approaching.  There were alternatives to taking him out at that time.  In the first half, we did the same thing to Isaac.  He was in the grove and we yanked him.  I certainly understand rotations, and I certainly understand that little nuances and so forth make a difference.  But when I am in the "moment" I struggle understanding taking the hot hand out of the game.  Just saying...

So when we came back down the court on the possession Roby ended up getting fouled, I saw the assistants trying to talk to Miles. I have to assume they were saying we should use a timeout to get Palmer back in, but he wasn't having it. There must've been something on the court that he liked. It'd be nice to know what.

7 minutes ago, jdostal said:

So when we came back down the court on the possession Roby ended up getting fouled, I saw the assistants trying to talk to Miles. I have to assume they were saying we should use a timeout to get Palmer back in, but he wasn't having it. There must've been something on the court that he liked. It'd be nice to know what.

Palmer has been as salty as they come knocking down FTs at the end of games.

12 hours ago, rr52 said:

I know there is complaining about Palmer being taken out but I saw a replay where JPJ motioned to bench that he needed to sit. He left with 5:16 and guessing Miles wanted to get him back in at under 4 timeout. Unfortunately that next dead ball came with under 3 minutes to go.

Yeah, he looked gassed to me as he was the entire offense at that point.