WNIT vs. The Dance

Bugeaters1

24 minutes ago, arliepro said:

if the women's committee is putting as much weight on the metrics as the men's, our chances are not good.

Our metrics are much better then the mens.  Even though the WBB committee doesn't yet use the quadrant system like the mens it still shows the difference between our men and women.  1 quad one win for the men and 7 for the women.  Our 8-2 road record is better then most teams except for the top 5 rated teams.  That also has to account for something.  I think we are in and higher then originally thought.  I may be setting myself up for a huge disappointment tomorrow but I don't think so.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

I think we are in and higher then originally thought.  I may be setting myself up for a huge disappointment tomorrow but I don't think so.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/women-s-basketball-nebraska-is-either-further-inside-or-outside/article_9a38876c-2589-11e8-9e0b-ab221c1f899b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

I was thinking Minnesota was firmly in based on how they finished, that was a surprise to me. The committee must be valuing schedule strength based on this list. Thought Minnesota was firmly in based on how they finished and their conference record, their weak non-conference schedule must be hurting them. On the other hand Oklahoma really challenged themselves early in the season leading to their lackluster overall record but a decent RPI. Think Buffalo, Creighton, Minnesota, & Rutgers get in from this list.

Just now, Tinpanalley said:

Rutgers and southern Cal declined invite to WNIT. Rutgers coach felt like her team deserved to be in the dance after losing 10 of their last 14 games. Not really sure what she is thinking.

She had a nice long discussion with Lon Kruger and he told her it was crap she didn't make it.