Palmer listed in Mock Draft

khoock

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

In regards to Palmer, I think he needs to simplify his stroke just a little.  He can become a little better outside shooter IMO by doing so.  This will tell the tale on his NBA success or lack thereof.  

In my personal opinion, he can improve some things and get drafted by coming back.  There are some things he needs to work on, one of them you mentioned above.  He's not yet ready for the show, but he could be in a year.

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

In my personal opinion, he can improve some things and get drafted by coming back.  There are some things he needs to work on, one of them you mentioned above.  He's not yet ready for the show, but he could be in a year.

...or he can just transfer to Syracuse. They'll give you 39 minutes a game to work on improving your game.

It is likely that Copeland, Palmer, and Roby (maybe Glynn??) all use the new-ish rule where you can declare, get an evaluation, and return to your school.

Aside from Palmer having a chance in the mid to late second (this is my opinion), I dont see anyone else with a chance.

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Unfortunately I’ve heard he and Copeland returning is not a sure thing at this point.

I'm sure they're considering going pro. Copeland probably isn't going to the NBA but is he going to the NBA after another year here or anywhere?

Here is our current track record with non-grad student transfers and their last year of eligibility in the Miles Era.

Deverell Biggs - Graduated and transferred (kicked off team)

Terran Petteway - Graduated and went pro

Leslee Smith - Exhausted eligibility, graduated in 4 years

Walt Pitchford - Gave up on basketball for a year

Andrew White - Gradated and transferred

Anton Gill - Gradated and is playing here his 5th year

Evan Taylor - will exhaust and graduate

James Palmer - Could graduate, has another year left

Issac Copeland - Could graduate, has another year left

As far as transfers go I think we have a 'guys are coming here to go pro' problem as opposed to a 'guys hate Miles and want to get out of here' problem.  Even if we built this thing with nothing but HS kids we probably either have a 'guys leaving to go pro' problem or else a 'this team doesn't have good players' problem. Otherwise it's never too early to start putting together lists of guys who came back for that last year and made the NBA.

Edited by hhcdimes
Missed Gill

If Copeland and Palmer stick around for their senior years, we'd have a chance to snag a couple of transfers at the end of this season who could come in and be eligible the year after Copeland and Palmer would exhaust their eligibility.

If we lose either Copeland or Palmer at the end of this season, it would decimate our roster with no real opportunity to find their replacements for next year.

If this group reaches the Sweet 16 this year, then, by all means, go pro.

If they don't, there's still something to prove AND next year could be really, really special.

Edited by Norm Peterson

As far as transfers go I think we have a 'guys are coming here to go pro' problem as opposed to a 'guys hate Miles and want to get out of here' problem.

I don't know if I agree with that.

I don't think guys necessarily hate Miles not there has to be some chemistry issues considering none of the guys that have left are in the NBA except White and he grad transferred away from Nebraska.

You could argue Pitchford had issues. Or petteway was dealing with a death in the family or that White really just wanted to play for a winner.

It will be interesting to see what Copeland, Palmer and Roby do.

Taken together it hard for me not to think there was some sort of chemistry problem.

3 hours ago, khoock said:

It is likely that Copeland, Palmer, and Roby (maybe Glynn??) all use the new-ish rule where you can declare, get an evaluation, and return to your school.

Hopefully they all take advantage of this as it’s a good barometer for miles to use in future recruiting if you have multiple guys testing the water every year. 

Does anyone have access to that mock draft if so where was palmer projected? (HES 44th IN THAT MOCK)You wonder if he were to come back n work on his off the ball offense and his on ball defense if he could sneak into the 1st round w another year of college development?  Unfortunately for us roby May have the highest draft grade since the NBA drafts so heavily based on potential 

Edited by B-town hoopsfan

I think we all need to face facts that most likely, this will be the end of the road for Palmer in a Nebraska uniform.  I certainly hope he comes back but I would say chances are that he will take his shot at a Pro career.  Most likely Copeland will be back and Roby may only be around 1 more year as well.  We will still have a very solid team next year without Palmer but would have a superior team if he does come back.  I'm sure Palmer and Copeland will both get an NBA evaluation.  Don't think Copeland's will be good enough to leave but could see Palmer's being enough to entice him.  Will be a tough decision.  I hope he comes back but realistically, he probably won't.

13 hours ago, PimpMario said:

there has to be some chemistry issues considering none of the guys that have left are in the NBA except White and he grad transferred away from Nebraska.

Which guys would be in the NBA today if they had stayed at Nebraska instead?