Is this what being a Creighton fan in the mvc felt like?

PimpMario

No. It's our own fault. Didn't take care of business in the non-conference. One win between UCF or St John's and we might not even be having this discussion. A win over Kansas and I guarantee you we are in. Also, if we want to more consistently be in control of our own destiny we have to find a way to beat Creighton. 

That being said - I'm not that worried. This reminds of me 13/14 when we got in. It was all up in the air for a while, but when push came to shove, there was no way a top 5 team (or whatever we were) in the Big 10 was not getting in. If we go 3-1, potentially even 2-2 if the wins are PSU and Maryland, I think we're completely in. 

Edited by basketballjones

23 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

No. It's our own fault. Didn't take care of business in the non-conference. One win between UCF or St John's and we might not even be having this discussion. A win over Kansas and I guarantee you we are in. Also, if we want to more consistently be in control of our own destiny we have to find a way to beat Creighton. 

That being said - I'm not that worried. This reminds of me 13/14 when we got in. It was all up in the air for a while, but when push came to shove, there was no way a top 5 team (or whatever we were) in the Big 10 was not getting in. If we go 3-1, potentially even 2-2 if the wins are PSU and Maryland, I think we're completely in. 

I don't think 2-2 is going to cut it.  If we can have some help with other bubble teams losing I think we will be feeling okay with a 3-1 finish heading into the Big 10 tournament.  With that said, with how we are playing and having 3 of the last 4 games at home and an Illini team that now looks like it may be throwing in the towel it will be a bit disappointing if we don't win out. 

Speaking of Creighton.  Their fans may want to be careful about beating the ole you can't get into the tournament with no tier 1 wins drum.  Their two tier one wins are Seton Hall and St Johns. Both are teetering on the edge of falling out of that category and just a few weeks ago the talk out of them was how St Johns was such a bad loss for Nebraska. 

36 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

True enough.  After losing to OSU I thought it was going to be really hard to make the tournament.  But you are correct, we had our chances for good wins, we just went 0fer.

It just sucks that we have to keep winning so that we won't eliminate ourselves.

2 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

True enough.  After losing to OSU I thought it was going to be really hard to make the tournament.  But you are correct, we had our chances for good wins, we just went 0fer.

It just sucks that we have to keep winning so that we won't eliminate ourselves.

When "Bruce and the Boys" take a closer look at the bubble teams, they need to look at the 1st Minnesota game.  Before the visit to PBA, Minny was 8-1 with wins over (at) Providence and Alabama.  The only loss was to Miami.  

I get other teams probably have games that looked really good, or not so bad (St. John's) at the time, but when they really dissect each team, I think that will show up, even though it doesn't show on our tiers.  

We've just had some bad luck when it comes to those things:  Minnesota falling apart,  not getting any of  the Top 3 B1G teams @ PBA.  Just the way it goes.  Hopefully we can overcome those things.  I think we can and will.

Would you take the rest of our schedule or want to switch out Penn st. and Maryland with 2 of the top 3 (Ohio st., Purdue, and/or Michigan St.)??? 

When "Bruce and the Boys" take a closer look at the bubble teams, they need to look at the 1st Minnesota game.  Before the visit to PBA, Minny was 8-1 with wins over (at) Providence and Alabama.  The only loss was to Miami.  

I get other teams probably have games that looked really good, or not so bad (St. John's) at the time, but when they really dissect each team, I think that will show up, even though it doesn't show on our tiers.  

We've just had some bad luck when it comes to those things:  Minnesota falling apart,  not getting any of  the Top 3 B1G teams @ PBA.  Just the way it goes.  Hopefully we can overcome those things.  I think we can and will.

Would you take the rest of our schedule or want to switch out Penn st. and Maryland with 2 of the top 3 (Ohio st., Purdue, and/or Michigan St.)??? 

True, Minnesota still hadn't been completely ravaged by injuries when we beat them.  That was the win that really got me optimistic about the season; thats why the OSU loss was so devastating.  

Edited by PimpMario

23 minutes ago, PimpMario said:

True, Minnesota still hadn't been completely ravaged by injuries when we beat them on the road.  That was the win that really got me optimistic about the season; thats why the OSU loss was so devastating.  

The 1st Nebraska win over Minny was in Lincoln on Dec. 5 when the Gophers were ranked 14th (and favored by almost 10 points, IIRC).

Edited by AuroranHusker

2 hours ago, PimpMario said:

We just keep winning and can't get any respect because of our conference and rpi.

It's frustrating.

I love Gary Sharp's new name for the Huskers:  "Collecting Dubs".  That's what we have to do to not worry about rpi's.  The way I look at it, if we can win our next nine games, I will have lived a very happy life.  Not that I'm planning on taking a dirt nap anytime soon......

I love Gary Sharp's new name for the Huskers:  "Collecting Dubs".  That's what we have to do to not worry about rpi's.  The way I look at it, if we can win our next nine games, I will have lived a very happy life.  Not that I'm planning on taking a dirt nap anytime soon......
I listened to some segments this morning and it made me more nervous

I listened to Bruce Rasmussen on 1620 today and I thought he spoke fairly highly of us. He talked about many things the committee will look at, and he specifically mentioned our games against Creighton and Kansas where the RPI considers it as a loss, but the committee will look deeper into the details of the loss, hinting that we played well in those games and that will probably get discussed. He also mentioned they will look at injuries and the health of teams, so my interpretation was a game against a healthy Minnesota team would help us. Also, he flat out said if we win out he expects us to make the tournament.  I really think Bruce being the Chairman on the committee will be a positive for us.

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I hear dirt naps are very peaceful.