Wisconsin vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Our starting guards had a rough time the last couple of games. It seems other teams have seen something on how to slow us down. Put the squash on our guards and it will deal us fits. 

Wisc isn't very talented but they use what they have....well.  Foul a lot and constant moving screens all afternoon (especially their forward).....but if it doesn't get called ...keep doing it I guess. They are all about controlling the slow down tempo, and it worked for them most of the game. Then again we didn't seem to be able to set the tone like we do a lot. 

It's an ugly win, but...a win.  It counts in the win column, and that's what we need. But we better get on the gas pedal and break out of the slump. Got big games coming up.

Due for a wake up call. Maybe this was it. Hope we aren't getting tired and running out of gas. Get that edge back please.

3 minutes ago, redsteve said:

Our starting guards had a rough time the last couple of games. It seems other teams have seen something on how to slow us down. Put the squash on our guards and it will deal us fits. 

Wisc isn't very talented but they use what they have....well.  Foul a lot and constant moving screens all afternoon (especially their forward).....but if it doesn't get called ...keep doing it I guess. They are all about controlling the slow down tempo, and it worked for them most of the game. Then again we didn't seem to be able to set the tone like we do a lot. 

It's an ugly win, but...a win.  It counts in the win column, and that's what we need. But we better get on the gas pedal and break out of the slump. Got big games coming up.

Due for a wake up call. Maybe this was it. Hope we aren't getting tired and running out of gas. Get that edge back please.

that's exactly what crossed my mind earlier in the first half--------if things might be catching up to the huskers. especially kissinger and cain. even though kissinger had the injury and was out for a lengthy period, it still is a long season to adjust to. physically and mentally.

The two freshmen, are holding up well.  Cain played like a veteran from day 1.  Kissinger seems more comfortable every game.  Not sure if anyone will need a "second wind".  Staff has done a nice job spreading the minutes.  There is not a kid on the roster, that hasn't stepped up at one time or another.  I hope they are enjoying the season as much as I am.  

Edited by 12dozen
typo

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

looking at the final box score, couple things stuck out: wonder when the last time 2 true freshman lead the scoring in a win? Cain had 14 and Kissinger with 11. Woody only had 1 minute? that is a little surprising. last thing, number of free throws by either team. wiscy 1-3 and 7-9 for huskers.

The fouls should have been worse, but the refs let em play today.