Rutgers (12-14) vs. Nebraska (18-8) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

It's likely because Rutgers is a top 20 defensive team. And they're bottom half of Div. 1 in offense.....

We always had this same debate when Doc was here.  The defense looks better than what it is by limiting possessions.  I thought we missed too many open looks on the perimeter, and I remember at least five missed bunnies.  That isn't good defense on Rutgers part, it was poor execution on our part.  Honestly, I thought we were better defensively than Rutgers...and the score reflected it ;)

And I want to say Rutgers made at least 3 offensive rebound layups after air balls, maybe 4 - that's just dumb luck, so our defensive numbers could've looked a lot better if RU's outside shooters could learn to draw iron more consistently. 

Then again, if you shoot a lot of air balls, the offensive rebounders are used to it, so they have the advantage. Probably see more of that on the trip to Illinois next weekend, as I seem to recall them also scoring a few times off their own air balls during the game in Lincoln..

If Coach needs someone to come to practice this week and fire up some air balls so we can practice rebounding them, I'll be waiting for a call.

Hopefully Palmer is OK after getting poked in the eye - he certainly wasn't the same after that play, although I thought RU did a nice job of taking away his right hand drive today, as well as anyone has all season.

And hopefully Roby's OK - I think he smashed his fingers on that ill-fated lob pass late in the game that hit the rim - he was shaking his hand for a couple of minutes after that. Loved the way he took charge today.

Edited by throwback

8 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

We always had this same debate when Doc was here.  The defense looks better than what it is by limiting possessions.  I thought we missed too many open looks on the perimeter, and I remember at least five missed bunnies.  That isn't good defense on Rutgers part, it was poor execution on our part.  Honestly, I thought we were better defensively than Rutgers...and the score reflected it ;)

Yeah, style of play. Nebraska's top 50 in defense, which is pretty good considering pace isn't a part of that particular metric.

27 minutes ago, throwback said:

Also worth noting - I know Roby played some at the 4 today by being on the floor at the same time as Duby/Jordy, but our "5" position had 20 pts, 17 reb,, 6 blocks & just 2 turnovers in 47 min.

Apply a factor to that to reduce it back to 40 minutes, and you're still looking at 17 pts, 14.5 reb & 5 blocks. Not bad.

Against a big athletic team that isn't particularly skilled on the offensive end of the court, it made a lot of sense to have Okeke in there alongside Roby. Jordy did some good things as well.

And I want to say Rutgers made at least 3 offensive rebound layups after air balls, maybe 4 - that's just dumb luck, so our defensive numbers could've looked a lot better if RU's outside shooters could learn to draw iron more consistently. 

Then again, if you shoot a lot of air balls, the offensive rebounders are used to it, so they have the advantage. Probably see more of that on the trip to Illinois next weekend, as I seem to recall them also scoring a few times off their own air balls during the game in Lincoln..

If Coach needs someone to come to practice this week and fire up some air balls so we can practice rebounding them, I'll be waiting for a call.

Hopefully Palmer is OK after getting poked in the eye - he certainly wasn't the same after that play, although I thought RU did a nice job of taking away his right hand drive today, as well as anyone has all season.

And hopefully Roby's OK - I think he smashed his fingers on that ill-fated lob pass late in the game that hit the rim - he was shaking his hand for a couple of minutes after that. Loved the way he took charge today.
He said it kinda hurt but he's ok
we went to hop cat after the game
1st time trying the crack fries lol
Didnt see the big deal until i dipped some in the cheese sauce or whatever it was
But yep
i do now

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, thattimeofyear said:

He said it kinda hurt but he's ok
we went to hop cat after the game
1st time trying the crack fries lol
Didnt see the big deal until i dipped some in the cheese sauce or whatever it was
But yep
i do now

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Great to hear - thanks for the update - really proud of the way he's steadily getting better and better. It's easy to tell how hard he worked in the off season and how much that's paying off now.

And now I'm going to have to check out HopCat. :D

15 hours ago, Wolv77 said:

Ah, yes. That's an easy fix. Or Instagram or whatever. I could just go nuts on there, but if I'm honest I probably already post too much on Twitter. ?

Thanks dude. 

Imgur or all sorts of others

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-imgur-alternatives-for-uploading-sharing-images/