Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxnskers

Legends Weekend

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, soxnskers said:

Awesome.  Thanks.  It's always been my favorite logo by far.  Wish they would start using it again so i could get apparel with this logo on it.

 

Still not quite perfect... :)  Try this one:

 

2uf7d3a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 49r said:

In honor of Legends weekend, I decided to cook up a few avatars free for anyone to use of some throwback logos.  I'll post them in this thread, again anyone is free to use (or not use) as desired.

I've been needing a fresh Richard van Poelgeest pic, got any of those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

e would like to see Rich King come back some year. To my knowledge he hasn’t returned since his playing days, but I could be wrong. He’s one of my favorite players and was a big reason I became a fan of Nebraska basketball. He came to my church his senior year in high school when I was in 6th grade and thought that was the coolest thing getting to meet him.  I’ve been hooked ever since.

He was there for the aforementioned P.O.Pears soiree. He lived in Seattle and worked for Boeing but that was a decade or so ago. As an interesting sidelight, I was ripped off by Danny Nee once when I bought a genuine Rich King warmup suit at an auction. When I got it home and looked closely I realized it was made for someone who was about 6 feet tall! But Danny was as much a huckster as a husker so I wasn't surprised.

Edited by jimmykc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jimmykc said:

He was there for the aforementioned P.O.Pears soiree. He lived in Seattle and worked for Boeing but that was a decade or so ago. As an interesting sidelight, I was ripped off by Danny Nee once when I bought a genuine Rich King warmup suit at an auction. When I got it home and looked closely I realized it was made for someone who was about 6 feet tall! But Danny was as much a huckster as a husker so I wasn't surprised.

Maybe they were his freshman warmups, and he grew that much?  Either that or they must have belonged to a one 'Richard King' from Coffeyvillle, KS.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, REDZONEDAN said:

I sure would like to see Rich King come back some year. To my knowledge he hasn’t returned since his playing days, but I could be wrong. He’s one of my favorite players and was a big reason I became a fan of Nebraska basketball. He came to my church his senior year in high school when I was in 6th grade and thought that was the coolest thing getting to meet him.  I’ve been hooked ever since.

His Seattle Supersonics jersey hangs in the players lounge... along with a Bulls Pike jersey, Hoppen/Hornets, Lue/Hawks and a Strickland/Mavericks

Edited by Handy Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was talking with someone and we both wondered if there are still some hard feelings from players from the Nee era? Very few of those guys show up and even last year when the NIT championship team was honored there was a very small turnout. I realize that it would be impossible to get all of them back but you would think since this happens every year that more than what showed up could make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

They really need to change the name from Legends Weekend to Alumni Weekend.  I wouldn't say many of the players that come back for this are Legends.

 

Then Nebraska is going to have to pay the guys who live far away to travel to this weekend. Or, even better, if Nebrasketball continues progressing to a certain level of success, then guys will 'want' to come back to celebrate the program! GBR!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

They really need to change the name from Legends Weekend to Alumni Weekend.  I wouldn't say many of the players that come back for this are Legends.

I agree.  The concept is great, but the presentation was underwhelming.  Not sure how you fix it.  Like I said earlier (and with all due respect to those who show up) the players I wanted to see, were not there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was interesting that barely anyone from recent teams came back, or at least was there for the court recognition. Velander, Turek, and those guys, but barely if any of Doc’s guys or even Miles previous teams were there. I texted the real Mike Peltz and he couldn’t make it this weekend. A few years ago he came back from Alliance and drove all the way to Omaha to watch my son play little league hoops. Meant the world to my son. Still cool to see some of the guys that gave us so many memories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×