This is Why I Don't Like Adidas...

HuskerFever

• 3 weeks later...

I know money talks, but how do licensing agreements work with the University. Nebraska has an exclusive agreement with pepsi so there is no coca cola on campus (well except for what individuals have).  Even restaurants that are Coke restaurants in the real world have to serve Pepsi on campus.  The University is an Adidas University...but they they are allowing Suh to open up a Nike store on campus. I guess I could only dream that they open up a Coca Cola shop inside the Nike shop.

Maybe I am all wet here, but, I believe that NU will be with Pepsi just not because of Pepsi but for the Gatorade brand wich is owned by Pepsi. 

In the world of sports nutrition, pregame, game, and post game nutrition nobody else holds a candle to Gatorade's full line of products.

I think it had more to do with Pepsi pretty much giving their products to the University for nothing, while Warren Buffett owned Coca Cola couldn't afford to beat that price. I love Coca Cola, but their marketing pretty much sucks. More places are switching/ have switched to Pepsi. Most bars I go to you can order a pepsi and jack (which is as awful as it sounds) but you can't order a jack and Coke....and if you do...you'll still get pepsi. However you are correct on the Gatorade stuff.  I don't think that Powerade (Cokes answer to Gatorade) has even come close in sales.

Maybe I am all wet here, but, I believe that NU will be with Pepsi just not because of Pepsi but for the Gatorade brand wich is owned by Pepsi. 

In the world of sports nutrition, pregame, game, and post game nutrition nobody else holds a candle to Gatorade's full line of products.

I think it had more to do with Pepsi pretty much giving their products to the University for nothing, while Warren Buffett owned Coca Cola couldn't afford to beat that price. I love Coca Cola, but their marketing pretty much sucks. More places are switching/ have switched to Pepsi. Most bars I go to you can order a pepsi and jack (which is as awful as it sounds) but you can't order a jack and Coke....and if you do...you'll still get pepsi. However you are corrected on the Gatorade stuff.  I don't think that Powerade (Cokes answer to Gatorade) had even come close in sales.

Can you order a Royal Crown Royal at the bars you go to?  (Crown Royal with Royal Crown cola -- not endorsing it.)

I think it had more to do with Pepsi pretty much giving their products to the University for nothing, while Warren Buffett owned Coca Cola couldn't afford to beat that price. I love Coca Cola, but their marketing pretty much sucks. More places are switching/ have switched to Pepsi. Most bars I go to you can order a pepsi and jack (which is as awful as it sounds) but you can't order a jack and Coke....and if you do...you'll still get pepsi. However you are corrected on the Gatorade stuff.  I don't think that Powerade (Cokes answer to Gatorade) had even come close in sales.

Can you order a Royal Crown Royal at the bars you go to?  (Crown Royal with Royal Crown cola -- not endorsing it.)

lol...I don't know...I'm more of a Vodka/Red Bull, Vodka/Cran, Vodka/Vodka drinker.  

Normy seems more like a 'Jolt' or, perhaps, 'Surge' kind of guy. Not sure what one would mix that with, though. Maybe Jolt & Surge together for that "jolt" of lightning and then a "surge" of energy. ;)

Is this stuff (Surge) available in Nebraska yet?  I know they have brought it back but only in the Eastern part of the US.

Normy seems more like a 'Jolt' or, perhaps, 'Surge' kind of guy. Not sure what one would mix that with, though. Maybe Jolt & Surge together for that "jolt" of lightning and then a "surge" of energy. ;)

Is this stuff (Surge) available in Nebraska yet?  I know they have brought it back but only in the Eastern part of the US.

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OK0I4AO?keywords=surge&qid=1445528875&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=1-1

71Xb6J5HzoL._SX522_.jpg