Deep run in the dance?

PimpMario

38 minutes ago, 49r said:

If everything goes according to plan, it'll be Craig Smith's fighting 'Yotes vs Mike Daum and the SDSU Jacks in the final of the Summit League tourney and that should be one hell of a game!

The rest of the Summit League tourney will just be filler.

That would be absolute bedlam in Sioux Falls.  I was there last year for the semi when they played before the UNO game and it was an amazing environment.  I can't imagine if they meet in the final.  

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

11-seed play-in game might not be a bad thing for us.  We'll have been off a week plus by that point and having a warm-up win (snicker, chortle, snort) against a *real* 11 seed before we take on a 6 seed my be a nice tune-up for us.  Then we go medieval on some poor 6 seed before facing a 3 seed.  Or possibly a 14 seed.  How'd you like to play a 14 seed for a spot in the Sweet 16?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what if we do play in one of the "First Four" games and win.  Does that count as as our first NCAA Tournament win?

Edited by hal9000

People who aren't Nebraska fans are calling James Palmer the best 2-guard in the Big Ten.

The guys filling in around him aren't exactly chopped liver.  Neither are the top 2-3 guys coming in off the bench.

Like some of us said before the season even started:  deepest and most talented team we've seen in a  couple of decades.

We have the horses to compete like we've never had before, at least not in the lifetimes of anyone currently on the roster.

We could legitimately win a couple of games in the tourney if we can get there.  And I'm not talking about the asterisk play-in type game, either.  What I see of this team is that they're as good as some of the Big Ten teams who've advanced to the Sweet 16 in years past.

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I've been thinking it's possible for awhile now, just didn't want to jinx anything.

Norm, I used to worry about that jinx thing, too, but I've grown past that.  My lucky Husker buttoned down short sleeve shirt and I are undefeated on game days.  Sorry, everyone, it took the Penn State and Ohio State games to figure out what was wrong.  I have a closetful of Husker gear, so I always wear something on game day.  Always pulled a shirt from the closet and hoped for the best.  Took me these last few games to remember we never lose with the buttoned down shirt. Worn it the last four.  Be wearing it every game here on out.   Buttoned down>jinx.

Ass kicking times ahead, Husker fans!