Nebraska (17-8) vs. Minnesota (14-11) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

38 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

oh man the stress of this game down to the wire.  reminds me of 2014 when I was pretty sure we COULD do it, but experience told me we might not.  Sooooo much more stressful with real shit on the line

And the kicker? I believe this is a better more seasoned team than the 2014 one. Ironic, with it being built around glynn, roby, and some great transfers. Amazing chemistry above all. ?

15 minutes ago, Wolv77 said:

And the kicker? I believe this is a better more seasoned team than the 2014 one. Ironic, with it being built around glynn, roby, and some great transfers. Amazing chemistry above all.

I don't think it is close. This years team beats the 2014 team 8 out of 10 games. The only chance they have is if Petteway goes really off but this team is too balanced. And a lot more fun to watch.

4 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

I don't think it is close. This years team beats the 2014 team 8 out of 10 games. The only chance they have is if Petteway goes really off but this team is too balanced. And a lot more fun to watch.

For sure!!  It may seem silly, but what I'm most invested in is seeing that college kids here are having fun. and this team blows that out of the water.

Plus it doesn't hurt that we're a modern (we fill the court with athletic shooting wings, between 6'4-6'8) , incredibly athletic team.

Success is fun. soak it in, but don't get too heady guys ;)  GBR!!

Edited by Wolv77

52 minutes ago, SkerBall said:

Evan Taylor was huge tonight. Hit a couple big jumpers. Good night for him to play his best game of the year. Mark of a good team is the depth they show when the All B1G guard is having an off night and they still put up 91

I wouldn't call 19 points, 7 rebounds,  and 9 assists an off night.  He doesn't get in foul trouble he has a puncher's chance at school's 1st triple double.

1 hour ago, SkerBall said:

Evan Taylor was huge tonight. Hit a couple big jumpers. Good night for him to play his best game of the year. Mark of a good team is the depth they show when the All B1G guard is having an off night and they still put up 91

That three he hit was massive! This team’s balance combined with having a superstar standout player in JPJ makes them really hard to beat.

The computers may say otherwise but that's a good win at a very tough place to play.  Also, Minnesota is not a team I want to see in New York.  I'm glad we are looking good for the #4 seed to avoid them.  If Amir Coffey makes it back that's a team that could make a run at MSG.  Mason/Murphy are a load and Washington is really getting hot. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

For a second I thought they were going to call Copeland for the foul. Copeland, to his credit, jumped straight up in the air and let the offensive player initiate contact.

Yeah.  I saw it the same way:

Copeland went straight up on defense—he reached out the right hand but made no contact; and

The Minnesota player initiated contact against Copeland’s ribcage and then purposely flopped to get a foul call, but I think the flop went awry—the landing sounded really violent on tv.

55 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Yeah.  I saw it the same way:

Copeland went straight up on defense—he reached out the right hand but made no contact; and

The Minnesota player initiated contact against Copeland’s ribcage and then purposely flopped to get a foul call, but I think the flop went awry—the landing sounded really violent on tv.

Sure looked like it hurt.  He came down square on his tailbone.  I imagine he woke up sore this morning.