Receiving Votes

HuskerFever

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

I've been saying it all season, Penn State is really good...especially now with Reaves back.

Yes, completely agree...they are a much different and better team with Reaves.  The last game against them at the end of the season will not be easy but fortunately it's at the Vault, which should be rocking in anticipation of locking up a tournament bid!

Also, all 4 "votes", which are really points, came from 1 writer in Indiana.  If you're ranked 25th on 1 ballot, you get 1 vote.  If you're ranked 24th on another ballot that counts as two "votes" and you get a total of 3 votes overall for the 2 ballots you were on.  So, we had one guy vote us 22nd, which equals 4 "votes".  We were not on 4 different ballots.  So....by my math, this guy needs to move us up another 73 spots in his rankings for us to check in at #25 next week.  Otherwise, we need a few more people to hop on the bandwagon, but at least there is one person covering basketball that understands what they are seeing :D.

image.png

Edited by Nebrasketball1979

Would be nice to see them sneak into the top 25 here to end the year. It would be another nice feather in miles cap. I believe the only other time we have been in the top 25 in like the last 25 years was a two week stretch to start pettaways last year here(also under miles guidance). 

Another fun fact he would tie doc Sandler for career wins at 101 with nine more wins this year which doesn’t sound impossible 

I gotta say, every time we get into the "first 4 out" conversation the last 15 years, we wilt like a daffodil in the Arizona desert (exception being 2014).  So I'm really anxious about tonight's game given the 8 day layoff.  It would be a very encouraging sign if they won in Minneapolis tonight, because this feels like a classic let-down scenario.

2 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

I gotta say, every time we get into the "first 4 out" conversation the last 15 years, we wilt like a daffodil in the Arizona desert (exception being 2014).  So I'm really anxious about tonight's game given the 8 day layoff.  It would be a very encouraging sign if they won in Minneapolis tonight, because this feels like a classic let-down scenario.

I think we've had several let down scenarios the last month.  Hopefully this will end like those....... with a dub. 

Andy Katz has us at #27 in his weekly Top 36 and this is the first time we've made an appearance in his rankings.  The national buzz is growing, which can only help others take notice.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-02-12/andy-katzs-power-36-predicting-whos-and-out-ncaa-tournament?utm_content=buffer4affa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Seriously though, who would have ever predicted back in October that we'd be receiving votes in the AP poll in February?!?!  I think everyone on here would have signed up for that deal in a heartbeat!

19 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Andy Katz has us at #27 in his weekly Top 36 and this is the first time we've made an appearance in his rankings.  The national buzz is growing, which can only help others take notice.  

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-02-12/andy-katzs-power-36-predicting-whos-and-out-ncaa-tournament?utm_content=buffer4affa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Seriously though, who would have ever predicted back in October that we'd be receiving votes in the AP poll in February?!?!  I think everyone on here would have signed up for that deal in a heartbeat!

Who would’ve thought a team receiving votes in February wouldn’t even be in some first and next four outs in bracket matrix?  Who would’ve thought that a team receiving votes in February would only be in less than 10 bracket projections on said site?  <_<

Just keep winning baby.  Then we’ll jump into the top 25 AND be in everyone’s bracket.  You want more Nebraska?  We’ll be happy to give you more!

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Who would’ve thought a team receiving votes in February wouldn’t even be in some first and next four outs in bracket matrix?  Who would’ve thought that a team receiving votes in February would only be in less than 10 bracket projections on said site?  <_<

Just keep winning baby.  Then we’ll jump into the top 25 AND be in everyone’s bracket.  You want more Nebraska?  We’ll be happy to give you more!

And who would've thought a garbage team like Kentucky would still be receiving votes and is still in a Top 6 seed in the tournament?

5 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

And who would've thought a garbage team like Kentucky would still be receiving votes and is still in a Top 6 seed in the tournament?

I mean, I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here, but UK was ranked #24 last week then proceeded to lose both games this week.  Meanwhile we are in the "others receiving votes" section, with reports that we may be receiving more votes this week...could it be possible for us to be ranked ahead of Kentucky this week?

How many of us could have imagined this as even the most remote of possibilities when the season began?