Maryland vs. Nebraska Game Thread

Bugeaters1

1 hour ago, 12dozen said:

After game, random thoughts.

I'd like to see the girls pull up for more 8 to 10 footers.  All our G/F's have nice mid range shots.  Other than Kate, we seem to have trouble scoring around the bucket in traffic.  Attacking does get us to the line, and can put foul pressure on the opponents, but the line hasn't always been kind to us.  Basketball is an amazing game.

I would think that FT shooting well be worked on this off week as well as rebounding. Coach did say that rebounding will be worked on in the off week.

While we certainly could have beaten UM and it is disappointing that we lost, I really like that we kept fighting.  I know coach said she is beyond moral victories, but it's a good measuring stick of what this program can achieve.  With all that we have returning next year- plus the infusion of talent- it appears we may be ready to compete for a championship next season.  I hope and expect that we will finish strong and get as far as we can for this season.  Still some challenging games left.  GBR!

4 hours ago, mwm89 said:

While we certainly could have beaten UM and it is disappointing that we lost, I really like that we kept fighting.  I know coach said she is beyond moral victories, but it's a good measuring stick of what this program can achieve.  With all that we have returning next year- plus the infusion of talent- it appears we may be ready to compete for a championship next season.  I hope and expect that we will finish strong and get as far as we can for this season.  Still some challenging games left.  GBR!

getting a little ahead of the game, but, maryland is going to be awful strong next season. while only losing confroy(sp) and should get blair watson back----according to hoopgurlz maryland has the #3, #32, and #33 recruits for next season. i think if you get a top 20 recruit, odds are pretty darn good you are getting an immediate impact player. maryland is getting taller as two of these recruits are 6'4" and 6'5". the #3 recruit is one of those gals. anyway, maryland will be the overwhelming favorite next season. (just to add-----they already have commitments from the #8 and #38 ranked players for the class of 2019.) 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

getting a little ahead of the game, but, maryland is going to be awful strong next season. while only losing confroy(sp) and should get blair watson back----according to hoopgurlz maryland has the #3, #32, and #33 recruits for next season. i think if you get a top 20 recruit, odds are pretty darn good you are getting an immediate impact player. maryland is getting taller as two of these recruits are 6'4" and 6'5". the #3 recruit is one of those gals. anyway, maryland will be the overwhelming favorite next season. (just to add-----they already have commitments from the #8 and #38 ranked players for the class of 2019.) 

Looks like Maryland will set the standard, much like Nebraska and Penn State in volleyball.  If we can compete for the BIG championship, we'll compete nationally. Where we want/need to go is clear. Getting there is going to be a heck of a challenge.  Go get 'em Huskers.

Edited by 12dozen
typo